Wednesday, 18th March 2026
Yesterday, I mentioned about the "Rhema images" that Dn Doug shared with me. They were from the Instagram account of Thir.st, which frankly speaking, I had never heard of up till then.
The first thing that I noticed when I looked at the post was that my daughter (she uses the Insta handle hollecar (which is her name Rachel Loh spelt backwards) liked it. Of course Dn Doug (Insta handle dougtheman75) liked it too, and subsequently, my wife (Insta handle socks109) read it and liked it too.
I did a Google AI search on Thir.st and this was the result:
Thir.st (thir.st) is a faith-based digital platform in Singapore that functions as a space for the next generation of believers and seekers to have honest conversations about faith, life, and relationships.
The name "Thir.st" is a metaphorical reference to spiritual longing or hunger for God. It draws from biblical imagery where "thirsting" represents a deep desire for truth, purpose, and the "living water" found in Jesus Christ.
Key Facts About Thir.st
- Mission: Its goal is to use storytelling and digital media to inspire hope, strengthen community, and share the Gospel.
- Organization: It is the flagship platform of the Thirst Collective, a non-profit media group that also includes other titles like Salt&Light (faith-at-work) and Stories of Hope (evangelistic testimonies).
- Origin: It was founded by Ps Edric Sng and launched in December 2016.
- Content: The platform publishes articles, videos, and devotionals covering topics such as mental health, dating, career, and Christian theology.
What I have noticed of late is that because of the way many other churches in Singapore have labelled our church as "preaching hypergrace" or "lacking discipleship", we have responded in kind by labelling them "law-based" or "having an old-covenant mentality", and this back and forth only results in deepening and widening the divide :-(
When I spoke with Ps Ed sometime in July 2025 (shortly after my dad went to heaven and I was contemplating returning to my ex-church - see At The Crossroads, Part 3 ), he said that he himself was from a denominational church and had to watch himself not to become judgemental and self-righteous whenever he read comments made by his ex-church members in the various Whatsapp chat groups he was in.
Jesus Himself said that those who are not against Him are for Him (see Mk 9:40), so we need to be careful not to place negative labels on fellow believers.
It is ironic that when I was a CG leader and Treasurer in my ex-church, I would quote that very same verse to defend Ps Prince's teachings, and now the re(verse!) holds true from the other side.
Thank God that Thir.st is a non-denominational platform that seeks to bridge that divide, such that members of both NewCre and Methodist churches can find common ground. In fact, I checked to see who follows their account and there are very familiar names from both...
NewCre: Annette Lee, Ps Lawrence, Dn Lip Kee, Dn Doug, Ps Joe Purcell
Methodist Churches: Ps Glad, Morgan Zhou, my daughter, Melissa Mak, Dennis Yue
Anyway, I did a search on "cell groups" at Thir.st and 2 articles popped up that address the very situation I am currently in.
These 2 articles really blessed me because
- the first directly addresses the PLQ holy huddle that currently exist in my CG; and
- the second debunks the myth that I had joined the perfect CG
May these 2 articles bless you the same way they have blessed me, if you find yourself in a similar situation. There are also lots of other testimonies found therein, so do check them out if the Lord so prompts you to :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment