Two years ago on 20th December 2007, I blogged about how my darling wifey had organised a surprise 40th birthday party for me. I remember mentioning to the guests how grateful I was and that I would probably have to arrange something similar when she turned likewise in 2009.
Well, she will be so on Teacher's Day, and so about a month back, preparations in earnest began for the reciprocal arrangement.
Thanks to Facebook, I got connected to her childhood friends from Katong Convent (which my daughter refers to as her BFFs, ie. best friends forever) to tell them about the surprise party. Also on the guest list were those who were present at my 40th birthday party.
I ordered a photo album from Shutterfly for her, which thankfully, arrived four days ago :-)
I also put together a video montage of her from a baby until today.
She had specially requested a cake from Jane's Cake Station, which I picked up sometime this afternoon.
We started off with a time of worship, then followed by some quiz questions about my wifey that my kids came up with. Then the above video montage was shown to the guests.
Before partaking of the food, my dad prayed a blessing over my wifey and for the food. Finally, the cake was cut at about 8:15pm.
Here are photos that were taken to commemorate the event:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=101892&id=751059341&l=ea58df424a
Truth be told, I have a confession to make: I allowed my heart to be troubled over 2 matters.
Firstly, the photo album was supposed to arrive between 17 and 23 Aug 09. When it didn't by 24 Aug 09, I panicked and sent an email to their customer service officer. I was told that it probably got lost in transit and that they will ship another one at no extra cost. This was however not a solution because re-shipping would mean it would arrive late. Thankfully, the parcel arrived two days later.
Secondly, the food was supposed to arrive at 5:30pm but the caterers lost their way. Again, I panicked and thankfully, there was a handphone number displayed on their website. I had to give them directions over the phone and they finally arrived at 6:35pm.
Looking back, I realised that I had taken my eyes off Jesus and focused instead on the "storm". I felt the Lord gently rebuking me, "Son, oh you of little faith..."
Yep, I've embraced the grace message for more than 4 years already and yet still get tripped up every now and then. Thanks be to God that there is now no more condemnation in Christ Jesus :-)
Thank you Lord Jesus for blessing me with the most beautiful girl on planet earth and your faithfulness to her all these 40 years. May you bless her with many more years to come! Amen?
We started off with a time of worship, then followed by some quiz questions about my wifey that my kids came up with. Then the above video montage was shown to the guests.
Before partaking of the food, my dad prayed a blessing over my wifey and for the food. Finally, the cake was cut at about 8:15pm.
Here are photos that were taken to commemorate the event:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=101892&id=751059341&l=ea58df424a
Truth be told, I have a confession to make: I allowed my heart to be troubled over 2 matters.
Firstly, the photo album was supposed to arrive between 17 and 23 Aug 09. When it didn't by 24 Aug 09, I panicked and sent an email to their customer service officer. I was told that it probably got lost in transit and that they will ship another one at no extra cost. This was however not a solution because re-shipping would mean it would arrive late. Thankfully, the parcel arrived two days later.
Secondly, the food was supposed to arrive at 5:30pm but the caterers lost their way. Again, I panicked and thankfully, there was a handphone number displayed on their website. I had to give them directions over the phone and they finally arrived at 6:35pm.
Looking back, I realised that I had taken my eyes off Jesus and focused instead on the "storm". I felt the Lord gently rebuking me, "Son, oh you of little faith..."
Yep, I've embraced the grace message for more than 4 years already and yet still get tripped up every now and then. Thanks be to God that there is now no more condemnation in Christ Jesus :-)
Thank you Lord Jesus for blessing me with the most beautiful girl on planet earth and your faithfulness to her all these 40 years. May you bless her with many more years to come! Amen?
1 comment:
Thanks for giving me a peep into your families. It was a well done video and I am sure she was blessed and touched.
Post a Comment