Monday, December 28, 2009

Fare Thee Well, Reverends

Sunday, 27th December 2009

Two weeks ago, I had blogged about the farewell dinner that was to be held the Reverends Peter Koh and Tay Kay Leong, and how I was the very first one to buy tickets :-)

Well, praise God, because more than 700 other members of my church turned up as well, to give them a rousing and deserving farewell.
The event started at 6pm with a sumptuous buffer spread.  We then adjourned to the church sanctuary for a time of worship and sharing.

The worship leader, Mr Eugene Cheong explained the meaning of "farewell" which comes from the old English saying "fare thee well"  or may you do well in the place where you will be going.

On behalf of my church, I want to thank them both for their serving us and bid them to fare well in their new appointments come 1 January 2010.

You can catch some glimpses of the farewell dinner on Facebook at the following link:

No comments: