Monday, September 1, 2025

Happy Bestie's Day!

Monday, 1st September 2025

Today, I celebrate my bestie's 56th birthday.

Of those 56 years, 23 of them has been as Ms Phuah, and 33 as Mrs Loh.

I recall that earlier conversation I had with her in Canteen A, circa August 1988.

Besides finding out (indirectly) whether she was attached, I also had to find out which day her birthday fell on.

When she told me "1st September", I replied, "Oh, Teachers' Day!"

Back in the day. Teachers' Day was fixed on 1st September. Nowadays, it is celebrated on the 1st Friday in the month of September.

And so as far as I am concerned. 1st September is Bestie's Day haha.

In 2022, to commemorate 30 years of marriage. I put together a video montage, using photos from each of the 30+ years we had known each other. The song in the background," All The Earth" by Planetshakers, is one of her favourites.

Although my bestie is not a teacher, both of us produced one who currently is: our daughter. The third woman in my life. The one I have given the term of endearment EPS.

This heart-shaped summary was produced using Canva, a software that she introduced to me.

Which nicely leads the way to me blogging about her, so stay tuned!

No comments: