Sunday, February 24, 2008

Berean Wannabe

Friday, 22nd February 2008

I have been reading the Bible as part of my NY Reso, and am currently reading the book of 2 Samuel.

I have been a Christian for the past 30 years or so, and have always had the impression that the books of Samuel were written by the prophet Samuel.

So it came as a great shock to me when I read 1 Sam 25:1 "Now Samuel died, and all Israel assembled and mourned for him; and they buried him at his home in Ramah." That means to say that not only was 2 Samuel not written by him, even the last 7 chapters of 1 Samuel (ie. chapters 25 through 31) was authored by someone else.

It goes to show that there are a lot of things about God's Word that I am still ignorant about, and I am learning more and more each day. I really want to be like the Bereans, who examined the Scriptures daily to see what is really in it. So help me God :-)

No comments: