Tuesday, 18th November 2025
Ok, let's kick off with the 1st item on that rapture list.
I thank God that my teenage dream of visiting Villa Park became a reality not once, not twice, but three times.
1st visit: 18 March 2007
The first time around, I was working in a German company then and was scheduled to attend a Finance Workshop at its HQ located in Munich from Tuesday 21 to Thursday 23 March 2007. I checked Aston Villa's fixtures and lo and behold, they were playing Liverpool at home on Sunday 18 March 2007.
![]() |
| Frankfurt to Birmingham |
Actually, what I paid was effectively for 2 "domestic" flights between Germany and UK; the international flights were paid by my company. The domestic airport of Frankfurt did not have aerobridges; we had to walk on the tarmac and board the plane by climbing a tiny flight of stairs.
![]() |
| £30 Match Ticket |
I stayed at the Conference Aston, the hostel run by Aston Business School. It was about a 15-minute walk to Villa Park, and 3-night stay there cost only £90 in all.
I had wanted to go on a stadium tour, but they unfortunately do not conduct any on match-day itself nor the day after. Hence, this became a valid excuse to visit Villa Park a second time, haha.
2nd visit: 1 September 2015
The second time around, I was working in a Canadian company, and went on an all-expenses paid incentive trip to Holland and Belgium.
My dad came along with me, and we extended our trip to England as well as to Scotland.
His lifelong dream was to play golf at St Andrew's, and we both played at the Strathtyrum Course, in additional to a walking tour of the 1st, 17th and 18th holes of the Old Course.
![]() |
| tour tickets |
![]() |
| the dugout |






No comments:
Post a Comment