Humorous Bible Illustrations

Saturday 27th January 2007

Last night, our 3L cluster had its 1st cell leaders' meeting for the year 2007, and some of my fellow cell leaders were given the privilege and honour of sitting in the car that God has so blessed my family with.

Some of them even joked that the next vehicle I get should be a double-decker. [In a testimony I shared with some of my fellow church members, I had told them that I nearly became a taxi driver]. Seriously though, I do enjoy being a "chauffeur", as it were, and look forward to be given the privilege of fetching the entire cluster leadership to a retreat in Malaysia, maybe in a mini-bus :-)

But I digress...

I have mentioned in another post that the main reason for my accelerated spiritual growth in the last 2 years was because I have been feeding on the Word of God as spoken via a truly-anointed man of God -- Pastor Joseph Prince of New Creation Church.

Two weeks ago, the LORD impressed upon me to get his entire sermon and book catalog, so that others too can benefit and be edified by the anointed messages on the gospel of grace and the finished work of the cross.

One of my personal all-time favourites is a DVD entitled Humorous Bible Illustrations.

This DVD contains 30 short clips (of between 3 to 10 minutes) extracted from sermons that contain biblical truths presented in a most humourous way. When watching them, I would end up both laughing (at the jokes), and crying (as the Holy Spirit ministered to my inner man, moving me to tears).

A wide range of diversified topics are covered, ranging from sex appeal, to nagging, to child discipline to the rapture.



I was at Suntec City attending Fusion 2007 on 13 Jan 07 and decided to drop in at the Rock Gifts and Book Shop (located above Carrefour). It seems that this DVD is currently out-of-stock. Thankfully, I had previously bought 2 of it (1 of which is loaned out at the moment).

Here is the trailer of that DVD to whet your appetite :-)



Those of you who are interested to borrow it, please do drop me an email.

Shalom,
His redeemed

No comments:

Powered By Blogger