Sunday, January 28, 2007

2007 is going to be THE Year of Revival!

Sunday 28th January 2007

Even though I got back rather late on Friday night from the 3L leaders' cell, I thank the LORD for giving me supernatural strength not only to keep my blog active with at least one post per day (for the past 7 days), but also for a good night's rest, so that I could get up early on Saturday morning to attend the ACSJ Fathers' Prayer Group.

This was the 1st meeting of the year, and the turnout was tremendous! There was a total of 23 of us. I was so encouraged that I had to take a photo to commemorate such a momentous occasion.

Anyway, the LORD has put in my heart that 2007 is going to be a year of revival on several levels:

1. At the cell level
Roland and I (and our spouses) came out from 3L2 to form 3L7 on 1 Jan 2007. We are so grateful to God that even from the very first meeting, He was already manifesting His mighty power! I was also very encouraged that all our members have been so faithful and commited -- there was a 100% attendance at the recent Fusion 2007.

2. At the cluster level
The best thing to happen to me in church was to join 3L. I thank the Lord for my cluster leaders, Sunny and Yeok Ming because the Lord has given them a heart for people, and the spirit of hospitality. My parents-in-law were led to Christ by them at Easter 2006. I was especially touched when they reminded us that our 3L cluster should not be "exalted above" PLMC. I have been guilty of this in the past, and I would like to apologise to the other cluster leaders if my actions had in any way caused envy or strife within the church. Being a member of the LCEC has also helped me to see things from a wider perspective, and I look forward to building relationships with the other cluster leaders: John, Robert, Alice, Alvin, Choon Seng, John Choo, Roger, Edward, Lorinne and Asher.

3. At the church level
I also thank the Lord for our 3 pastors -- Rev Peter Koh, Rev Barnabas Chong and Rev Tay Kay Leong. My relationship with RevBarnz is pretty good because we were in the same cell (before 3L2's multiplication). I have also gotten to know Rev KL better, having had lunch with him a couple of weeks ago. Although I do not know Rev P that well yet, I am sure that God will grant us many opportunities to work together to carry out our theme for this year, which is "Empower - Growing Deeper with God".

4. At the school level
Coming back to the point being made earlier. There was a record turnout of 23 fathers, and I pray that this figure will increase as the year progresses. God is going to do a great revival work in ACSJ, especially in preparation for the move in 2009.

5. At the denominational level
Together with my cell members, we attended Fusion 2007 (which is an annual event organised by the Methodist Church for the youth). This year, a band from Victoria, Australia called Youth Alive! was invited to perform a 2-night concert. I attended the one on Saturday night with my wife and kids, and was amazed to see the youths jumping and clapping to the music (until the whole ground was shaking). Mind you, these are Methodist youths we are talking about -- so God is raising up a vibrant and passionate generation! This footage was filmed (using my Dopod 838Pro) towards the end of the rally, in which Youth Alive! sang Take It All and Majesty.




6. At the national level
Last but definitely not the least, there is going to be a revival at the national level. This will require unity among all the churches in Singapore, be they Methodists, Anglican, Baptist, Presbyterian, Assembly of God, Brethren, Lutheran or the "independent" mega-churches such as City Harvest, New Creation and Faith Community-Baptist. After all, there are no denominations in heaven. Let us as one united body of Christ come together to intercede for our nation. Like David said in Psalm 133:1, "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!"

Shalom

No comments: