Sunday, 1st February 2026
Regular readers of my blog will be aware that I changed church in 2018 and then changed Care Group ("CG") in 2022.
Your Vote Is Secret, Unless You Choose to Reveal It
I am now a semi-retired business owner, but during those 30 years that I was actively employed out there in the marketplace, I changed job every 3-4 years; the longest I had ever worked in any organisation was 11 years.
Well, it is really no problem to God if we change church, or CG, or party affiliation, or even change job, for that matter. There is a season for everything under heaven, and when that season is over, we move on, oftentimes with God's fullest blessings and approval.
But there is one area that we are not supposed to change, and that is being married to our spouse.
As far as churches, CGs or jobs are concerned, we did not sign any binding covenant with the other party. Yes, we may have signed some sort of agreement or contract, but that was all that it was.
But when it comes to our marriage, there was a blood-shedding promise that we made to our would-be spouse, what effectively was a covenant that was cut before the Lord. We swore that for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. And the officiating pastor would typically quote Matt 19:6 / Mark 10:9 that "what God had joined together, let not men rend asunder".
Hence, the title of today's post.
Yes, the extra-marital affair that Melvin Lim had with Grayce Tan, is sad because he was a bad testimony to his non-Christians subordinates and others out there in the world.
But what is even sadder is that he had betrayed his wife and stumbled his children. Yes, although they were not Christians when they first got married, after they became Christians, he would have been made aware of the sanctity of the vows he had exchanged with his wife.
In these last days, the devil is working overtime to destroy marriages and families. That is why I am grateful that our church has been organising regular Marriage Retreats for existing married couples to rediscover their love for each other, and to renew the vows they made to each other.Last year, from 9th to 11th October 2025, a total of 150 couples attended the Retreat held at JB Renaissance Hotel and we were sub-divided into 25 groups of 6 couples each. My wife and I were assigned to Group 11, led by Vincent and Faith.
![]() |
| Group 11, led by Vincent and Faith |
![]() |
| Group photo of the 150 participating couples |


No comments:
Post a Comment