Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pet Adventures

Saturday, 6th September 2008

Thought I'd blog about something more light-hearted today.

Back in December 2007, I got a pet hamster from VivoCity for my daughter, which she named Hannah.

Two months later, in February 2008, I decided to get another one for myself, which I named Henry, so that the two of them could mate and produce babies. I remember even humming the song by Natasha Bedingsfield entitled "I Wanna Have Your Babies".

Well, alas, it was not meant to be because Hannah decided to run away sometime in May 2008. Needless to say, my daughter was devastated and it was challenging for me to try to explain to her why God had allowed this to happen.

Well, whatever the reason may have been, Rom 8:28 holds true, because in retrospect, Henry's existence helped to soften the blow of losing Hannah.

In fact, my daughter has since gotten so attached to Henry now that she plays with him practically everyday and has also taken many snapshots of him!

I have uploaded about 50-odd of them onto a Facebook album entitled "The Adventures of Henry the Hamster".

Pictured on the right are 4 of them. Starting clockwise from the top left
1. Henry wrapped up in a $10 note (which is what he cost, by the way).
2. Henry posing for the camera
3. Henry standing up for Singapore
4. Henry nibbling on a biscuit

No comments: