Monday, September 1, 2008

An Ode to My Proverbs 31 Woman

Monday, 1st September 2008

I have now reverted to just blogging on weekends (lest I be accused of spending more time blogging than anything else), but will make an exception today...

... because it is my better half's birthday.

This same time last year, I blogged about how much she has gone through. Our son was born with a kidney condition. Our marriage was on the rocks in the early 2000s. My career was in jeopardy, and I was also removed from church leadership.

Well, since embracing the grace gospel, God has more than restored the years that the locusts have eaten. Our marriage has never been stronger. Our son received the gift of a kidney transplant on 10 April 2008. My career has never been on more solid ground :-)

Sure, there are still darts that the devil tries to throw at us (for example, when I was called up by the police to be interrogated for a recent vandalism case, it affected not just me but my parents, kids and wife as well). But God has protected us because we dwell in the secret place of the Most High -- which is none other than Jesus and His finished work -- so even if a thousand may fall at our side, and ten thousand at our right hand, no harm will come upon us.

My wife is the one who had the foresight to name our kids such that they are established in grace, which I blogged about here. She now also enjoys listening to sermons coming from that "heretic" church. In fact, she went to the Rock Bookstore recently to purchase the sermon that Ps Mark Ng preached in English, when her elder brother Marcus mentioned that it was very anointed!

My aunt and uncles (two of which are based in UK but came back to Singapore for my grandma's funeral) and cousins all came together for a "reunion" dinner at the Bukit Room at Singapore Island Country Club.

We also took the opportunity to celebrate my wife's birthday.

And here is a photo of my fruitful vine and 2 olive plants :-)

Dearie, thanks for being a wonderful wife to me.

I know I have not the perfect husband to you. As the grace of Christ continues to fill my life, may that enable me to love you the way Christ loves the church.

A HAPPY AND MOST BLESSED BIRTHDAY TO YOU, MY DEARIE!!!

2 comments:

As The Deer said...

Happy Birthday blessed daughter of Sarah - you have the youth and strength of the eagles and the wisdom because you have the mind of Christ. Continue to prosper in every way as your soul prospers! =) Praise God that Malcolm has a super wife in you. May your children and hubby continue to be highly favoured, greatly blessed and deeply loved as well. AMEN!

blogpastor said...

God has blessed you with a lovely and happy family! Blessings!