Happy Birthday Dearie!

Saturday, 1st September 2007

Some of you out have pointed out that the date of my blog is not correct. This is because I have a "forward"-log of about 2 weeks. I had planned to have a blog entry per day, but am currently in the situation where I have more to blog about than there are days :-)

Anyway, I wonder if anyone noticed that I had skipped the date 1 September 2007.

No, it's not because it's Teachers' Day; it's because it is my wife's birthday!

I want to thank the LORD our God for giving her to me. She has indeed been my Prov 31 woman, and a long-suffering one at that, having to put up with my idiosyncrasies over the past nearly 15 years that we have been married.

She has seen the best and worst of me. When I first started courting her back in 1988, she probably thought I was an angel that the LORD had sent from above. When our marriage was going through a rough patch in 2002/2003, she probably saw me as the devil incarnate.

More recently, my being asked to step down from leadership in church has also affected her to a certain extent. I seek your prayers that our marriage remains strong and grounded in our LORD Jesus, and that we see our identity and worth as the righteousness and beloved of God in Christ, and not based on any titles that man may bestow upon us.

...and now, she has to put up with my many hours of blogging :-)

Today is a special day for my special one, and I want to thank the LORD again for providing me with helpmeet.

Happy Birthday Dearie! I seek your forgiveness for the times I have not loved you the way Christ loves the church.

May the LORD satisfy you with good days, long life and a victorious and abundant life!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger