Starting Them Young

Saturday, 15th September 2007

I have mentioned elsewhere on this blog that my daughter has learnt the principle of sowing and reaping. I give her $30 a week, and she has on many occasions put $10 in the offering bag. That represents 33.33% of her allowance, and as her earthly father, I feel compeled to bless her such that the $10 becomes 10%. So I will top-up her prepaid handphone, pay for her friends' birthday presents, etc.

If I who am evil can be moved to do this for my daughter, how much more our Abba Father who loves His children?

What I have discovered recently is that my salary has been increasing beyond my wildest dreams not because I am a great employee, but because God always adjusts it such that what I give to church becomes 10%. God has granted me favour with my employer, as a result of my faithfully going beyond the tithe.

This godly principle that has been incalculated in my daughter from young will put her in good standing, so that she will avoid the financial pitfalls I went through during the years when I was not tithing.

Even at the tender age of 11, she already has no problems putting $10 (or even $20 on one occasion) into the offering bag each week. May she be put in a position one day where she can put $100 or even $1,000 in the bag each week. Amen?

It has been a different story with my son. He tends to spend the entire $15 that he is given. Several weeks back, when I was having lunch with my son in KFC, I challenged him to put aside $1.50 each week. If he faithfully did so each month, I would reward him with a Maple Card.

Well, praise be to God that he gave a total of $8 to church in the month of August 2007 (which represents 13.33% of his allowance for that month).

I thus gave him a "Lunar Pixie" maple card that you see on the right, and he was thrilled to have received it.

May he also start to go beyond the tithe! Amen!

By the way, just in case you are wondering, tithing actually took place before the Law. My churchmate Philip has written wonderfully on this topic, which you can read about here.

May our children be taught the principle of tithing from young, so that they will have financial abundance all their lives. They can start by putting aside 10% of their angpow money to be given to the church.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger