On 23 Aug, I was invited by a pastor of a local mega-church to dine at Pepper Lunch at Suntec City (which I will blog about at a more appropriate time).

As I was slightly early for my lunch appointment, I decided to go Rock Gifts and Books Centre to buy some Hokkien/Mandarin sermons. As I was paying for them, I saw this beatiful pendant with a cross made up of 3 nails. I had seen my previous pastor Pastor B wearing something similar, and just had to get one for myself as well :-)
There is a car bumper sticker that
reads 1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given.When Jesus hung on the cross, He had 3 nails driven into Him -- 1 on each of His 2 open outstretched hands, and the 3rd on His overlapping feet.

The tetragrammaton YHWH (yodh-he-waw-he) when written in picture form is "hand-window-nail-window".
The window is also interpreted as something open or the grace of God.
Hence, it speaks of open hands nailed in grace.
The evil one had inspired mankind to invent crucifixion as the most henious, cruel and shameful form of capital punishment. Yet the LORD has transformed it to become the symbol of the greatest event ever in the history of mankind.
At the cross, Jesus took our sin, sicknesses, stress, poverty, rejection and separation from God, so that in exchange, we can have His righteousness, health, peace, prosperity, acceptance and fellowship with God.
Praise be to God for His gospel of grace, and finished work of Jesus on the cross. Amen?

No comments:
Post a Comment