A week back, I blogged about my son being named Mark by my dad, which means "mighty warrior" in Greek (markos).
His Chinese name, which was given by my wife, is 恩乐, which means God's grace and joy.
This name of his is equally prophetic, because years down the road, we would come to the stage where the gospel of grace becomes an increasing reality in the life of my family. At the same time, he is also a source of great joy to both his parents, and all who come into contact with him.
He is also very joyful and playful by nature, and likes to clown around when photos are being taken. At first, we would request him to be serious, but over a passage of time, we have begun to treasure this particular characteristic of his.
I have actually compiled photos that were taken of him over the past few months and made it into an A3-sized poster which I have placed just next to where I sit in the workplace.
Whenever I need cheering up, I will take a look at it and it never fails to bring a smile to my face.
(1) The Caped Crusader
Taken during my grandma's birthday, Mark pulls his shirt over his head, just when our domestic helper snaps the shutter.

(2) Don't Mess with MeTaken by my wife when we were all seated on the Sentosa Skyride similar to the one you see on the left. You can see me smiling in the background, but Mark prefers to put on a stern face.
(3) Miya-hee Miya-hoo
Mark attempts the Chicken Little dance .
(4) Balanced Diet
While sis and maternal grandma smile at the camera, Mark chooses to stick out his tongue and even places an orange on his head.
(5) Shake Rattle and Roll
(6) Salutations and Greetings
These two photos were taken at Rachel's birthday party. The left one shows him celebrating when his team answers a question correctly during the games segment. The right one catches him doing a salute as the other kids poses in front of Rachel's birthday cake.

No comments:
Post a Comment