Facebook Friends - An Analysis and A Revelation

Sunday, 26th October 2008

Recently, more and more of my current colleagues have either been adding me or I have been adding them as Facebook friends.

Just this month alone, there must have been at least 20 of them :-D

So out of curiosity, I decided to run through the entire list of 285 FB frens to see how many are current colleagues. They make up about 9%.

Ex-colleagues from PwC and Infineon make up a good 12% each, while old classmates from ACS and ACJC make up another 11%.

But what took me by surprise is that the majority or some 20% of them are actually from my church!

Here's how they are distributed:

PLMC 20%
PwC 12%
Infineon 12%
AC S/JC 11%
Walton 9%
ROOTSS 8%
Family 7%
Others 7%
NewCre 6%
NTU 4%
Soccer 4%

As I reflected upon this, I felt the LORD reminding me that even though a handful of churchmates have either removed me or refused to accept me as their FB fren because they want to avoid the controversy, PLMC still remains the greatest circle of influence at present.

And that has encouraged me to continue to share my discovery of gourmet food with my fellow beggars, so to speak. (sorry chaps, no offence meant there).

Thank you LORD for placing me in the midst of the 2nd largest Methodist Church in Singapore, and I will continue to carry out the mission You have entrusted upon me to share the gospel of grace and the finished work of your Son Jesus Christ with my fellow church members. Praise the Lord! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger