I just came back from a week-long business trip to Hongkong.
According to our HR policy, heads of department can travel on business class for flights that are more than 6 hours. For flights 6 hours and lesser, we have to go by economy class.

But because I went on the trip with my boss (who is the CFO), I was "upgraded" to sitting in business class with him :-)
And dear friends, travelling by business class is an *entire* world of difference. The seats are so much more spacious and comfortable, the amenities are way better and the stewardesses actually address you by name.
Best of all, one does not feel tired upon stepping off the plane.
I took several photos while I was on the plane, so the passengers around me must be thinking I'm a sua ku (which is Hokkien for "mountain tortoise" and describes someone who is overwhelmed by what others consider to be everyday encounters because it is his own first encounter).
You can check out those photos here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113355&id=751059341&l=3f57cfd82c
It was a real honour and privilege to be able to travel in style, and it was all on the account of my boss.
As I reflected on this, a deeper spiritual truth dawned upon me. On our own, we do not deserve to enter into God's holy presence or any of God's blessings. But because of Jesus, we can approach His throne of grace with confidence and stand boldly before Him. We who are beneficiaries of the New Covenant of grace have privileges that extend beyond just travelling in style. We can live life in style. Prosperity is ours. Health and wholeness are ours. Shalom peace that transcends understanding is ours. All on the account of Jesus and His finished work. Hallelujah!
No comments:
Post a Comment