Friday, May 11, 2007

Generational Blessings

Friday, 11th May 2007

I just found out again something about that darling daughter of mine.

Weeks ago, I blogged about how she gave 33.33% of her weekly allowance to church.

Well, something even more heart-warming happened recently.

Because of the exams, she had no Co-curricular Activities the past 2 weeks.

When I gave her her weekly allowance of $30 2 weeks ago, she said that did not need so much money since she did not have to stay back for CCA. I told her, "Never mind, you can always give what you consider to be excessive to Church."

Guess what? She actually put $20 into the offering bag last week! That is 66.67%!

Tears are flowing down my face even as I am typing this because I am so grateful and thankful to the Lord that this spirit of generousity has been implanted in her at such a tender, young age. She is going to grow up mighty in the land (Psalm 112:2).

I remember the time when Mark was in Primary 1, he would also buy food for one of his classmates, and recently gave a big portion of his angpow money to his school's fund-raising project.

I have also blogged about how generational curses have been put to a stop because of Christ's finished work, but the generational blessings continue.

As I reflect back upon my own life, I realise that this is a heritage that has been passed down from my dad, and I have been given the privilege and honour to do likewise on to my children.

I thank the Lord for the exemplary conduct of my parents and pray that we would likewise be exemplary in our conduct so that the right values are passed down to our kids.

May the generational blessings continue to flow down to our children and our children's children!

No comments: