When I was about 19 years old, I felt that I had let my dad down very badly because I could not get into medical school. I did not study hard enough in Sec 2, and from then on, because of not being able to study biology, the door to the destiny of becoming a doctor was slammed shut.
I was struggling in BMT, and a girl I was interested in had just stood me up.
My self-esteem was at its all-time low, and I even contemplated suicide.
You can read about how God delivered me from that situation in my "Driving Licence" testimony.
Thoughts and feelings of guilt and condemnation are very real to the believer. Satan does not want us to live victorious lives, so he bombards our minds with such.
Imagine if Paul had given in to such negative thoughts. He had approved of Steven's stoning. He had gone around persecuting Christians and throwing them into prison. But Jesus met him on the road to Damascus and turned his life around.
No wonder Paul says in Phil 3:13, "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead" and also in Rom 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation in Christ Jesus."God is love, and love keeps no record of wrongs.
As His redeemed, we can forget the past, and focus on our future.
The next time Satan reminds us of our past, let's remind him of his future. In Rev 20:10, it is written that he will be thrown into the lake of burning sulphur. That's where he's going to end up. Amen?
No comments:
Post a Comment