Exactly a week ago, my co-leader and I had a personal time of retreat at St Francis' Seminary in Punggol. This personal retreat is an integral part of the Cell Leaders' Training program (which we missed when we underwent our traning last year, and so had to make it up this year).
Anyway, we were told me meditate on John 15, and verse 5 was the one that stood out. It happens to be the favourite verse of my cluster leader.
The verse tells us to abide in Christ because apart from Him, we can do nothing.
The LORD brought to mind this question that was asked, which is what does CHRISTIAN stand for?The answer is when we cancel away the word CHRIST, what is left are the letters IAN which stands for "I am nothing".
This inspired me to come up with the "Without Christ, I am nothing" design which you see on the right, and will appear on a tshirt that I will be wearing in the not too distant future :-)
Shalom
Malcolm

No comments:
Post a Comment