Monday, December 8, 2008

HBI Xmas Giveaway!

Tuesday, 9th December 2008

Wasn't planning to blog today, but read on as to why I am doing so...

I was shopping at Suntec on Hari Raya Haji and decided to step into the Rock Gift & Book Store to buy the CD sermon that Ps Charles Nieman preached on 30 Nov 08 entitled "Understanding Faith" because several persons (such as Stan, Angie, and my wife's best friend Audrey) had said that the message really spoke to them.

While in there, I noticed that the Humorous Bible Illustrations ("HBI") DVD, which was out-of-stock for nearly 2 years, has been re-released!!!

This is the very DVD that the senior pastor of my church banned me from showing to my then-cell members back in Jan 2007 because he felt that its entire contents were not appropriate.

Well, the Board of Film Censors seem to think otherwise because their green sticker can be found on the cover :-D

Anyways, God prompted me to buy 25 (5 x 5) copies to give away for Christmas, and so I did (upon which my daughter gave me that "here we go again" look).

And so here's a chance to get a free copy and find out for yourself why its contents are considered to be so controversial. If you are from PLMC, be sure not to be seen holding it in the senior pastor's presence lest he takes similar action against you like he did to me in July 2007 :-D

To take part in the HBI Xmas Giveaway, just carry out the following:

1. Subscribe to the ROOTSS Yahoo Group (if you have not already done so) by 2359 hours on Friday, 12th December 2008.

2. On the morning of Saturday, 13th December, I will be sending out an email to existing subscribers containing 5 easy multiple-choice questions, the answers to which can be found on my blog.

3. Email me (directly, and not to the Group) your answers by 2359 hours on Friday, 19th December.

4. The first 25 all-correct entries* received will win a free copy of the DVD.

* Please note that this giveaway is open only to those located in Singapore, because collection of the DVD will be from my office reception.

So tell me, whatcha waiting, whatcha waiting, whatcha waiting for?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

brother,

i cannot imagine that the mere permission of the Board of Film Censors, a secular body, would constitute acceptance by the church, a religious body.

Malcolm Loh said...

My dear anonymous bro or sis,

That statement was made tongue-in-cheek lah.

But do find out for yourself what the contents are like by taking part. For that, you will need to identify yourself, though.

Another 16 days to Saviour's Day...

Anonymous said...

Hi Malcom

I am Jason from NCC...

I do not understand why you want to stay in your church and continue to be a "rebel"? Then you ganna "marked" by your senior pastors.

Why not just join NCC instead?

Now you are like...
Someone who work in microsoft, but keep on promoting Apple product...

Anyway its your call

God bless you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason,

Its like.. PLMC is his home church... We shouldnt jump churches just because we feel the grass is greener on the other side right? There are anointed preachers in PLMC too, praise God. I'm not coming against you or anything but I feel, this is a personal opinion, to do that would be like coming to church only when Pastor Prince is preaching. I've seen/heard of things like this happening and its kinda disappointing... We should be glad he supports his church, and we should support ours esp when Pastor is out of town. Amen?

Signed,
Joshen
Arrow Ministry

Stanley Wong said...

Hi Jason,

That's a very good analogy :-D

However, if ever one day Microsoft finally listens to the Apple evangelist and begins to seriously incorporate Apple ideas into their software, can you imagine the transformation and how much more success it is gonna bring?

Anonymous said...

How ironic (and sad as well) that this person walks into the bookstore and see the items sold as heresies
http://puritanreformed.blogspot.com/2008/12/books-sold-in-new-creation-bookstore.html

while you walk in to see the same items as blessings to others.

Sarah

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Sarah

I just checked out the link you referred to.

The guy who maintains that blog has put up a picture of himself wearing his theology graduation garb, so he probably feels that he knows God better than we common folk who are not theologically-trained.

Don't know about you, but I think he will look better holding a bunch of sour grapes :-D

Anonymous said...

Brother Malcolm, I'm going overseas later today with no internet access until just before Christmas! I really wanted the DVD.. Aiyah perhaps someone more deserving shall be blessed :)

Unknown said...

Interesting! I visited the Daniel Chew's blog mentioned by Sarah but did not bother to lift a finger to comment, cos like what P. Prince said, there's no need to defend him and the Gospel of Grace.

I read his testimony and honestly I felt this bro think God is talking only to him and that the rest of his ex-church members and leaders are all "blind" and "living in sin", as he testified! I feel sorry cos the next thing he might actually declare that "God" spoke to him to write an extension of the bible! This could be what P.Prince mentioned the horse with the false doctrine.

Shalom,
William

Stanley Wong said...

Hi Mal,

puritanreformed is astroboy ... he rebutted my article on "Oh my God! Jesus was a Jew?" by asking me to read some theology textbook ... also the same guy who wrote the "Joseph Prince the heretic" article, so no surprise when he condemns PP's books.

Anonymous said...

Hi All,

Being curious, read the link provided by Stanley. Oh my, this daniel guy is really fixated being anti-grace. Also, found this site that another blogger has dedicated to Daniel .... think its really funny :)
http://god-antithesis.blogspot.com/
(Especially the various comments)

Sarah

Unknown said...

Sarah

For all you know, this antithesis could be his ex-pastor or ex-church members!

Honestly, like I said, he really think ALL of us who disagree with him are gonna incur the wrath of God! At one point, he wrote "wrath of Lamb", which is really funny, cos I seriously do not think even a de-fanged lion is gonna be afraid of a very angry LAMB!!!!!

Lamb is (if D.Chew knows) young, and is tame and cute (which I witnessed recently in NZ), and even sheeps are not aggressive!

So this (D. Chew) seriously need Godly counselling (only if he is willing) for currently he is more dangerous than an idol worshipper (at least to me cos idol worshipper very clear cut, won't get confused with their doctrines / beliefs / practises), his comments are confusing the body of Christ, especially believers who are struggling with Law and Grace!

Given his talent and devotion to the faith, I shall rem him in my prayer tonite and ask God to touch him like Jesus did to Saul, in His time.

Shalom,
William