I do not usually blog on weekdays, but the following headlines in today's papers has prompted me to do so, because I really want to shout to the Lord and proclaim that He is very good!
COE prices down across the board, biggest drop in big car category
Channel NewsAsia - Thursday, December 18 SINGAPORE:
COE prices for all categories were down in the latest bidding exercise which ended on Wednesday, with the biggest drop seen in the big car category.
The COE premium for cars more than 1,600cc fell S$3,845 to S$2,656. For small cars 1,600cc and below, the COE price was down S$1,521 at S$6,200.
The COE price for the Open Category, where the certificates are usually used to buy cars, dropped S$1,080 to S$6,509.
The COE premium for goods vehicles and buses went down S$1,211 to S$4,001, while the motorcycle COE dipped a slight S$43 to S$1,059.
Car dealers contacted said they were not surprised by the latest bidding results as they reflect current market sentiment. That was why the sharp drop in COE price for big cars was expected, with the erosion of consumers’ spending power.
Even with the significant fall, car dealers expect demand for such cars to remain weak in the next two to three months.
Though more consumers may go for smaller cars in these hard times, dealers believe demand will not be strong enough to push the category’s COE price up drastically in the coming bidding exercises.
According to car dealers from Mitsubishi Cars and Tan Chong Motors, showrooms have turned quiet again in recent weeks. This was in stark contrast to the large crowds which showed up when the COE price for small cars dropped to a historic low of S$2 in mid—November. — CNA /ls
When the economy is doing well and people are buying big-ticket items like houses, cars and club memberships, people will dismiss it off and say, "Aiyah, that's no big deal lah. People all making money wat".
But when there is an economic and financial turmoil in the land, and one is still somehow miraculously prospering in the midst of it, that is the time when people will start to notice and ask questions like, "Why should that be? He surely doesn't deserve it!"
Just like how God prospered Isaac during a time of famine, it bewildered the Philistines and caused them to become envious.
Well, my answer is that you are absolutely right! I do not deserve to prosper, and that's what the wonderful grace message is all about, dear friends.
Benjamin did not deserve to receive 5 times more than his half-brothers. Yet, he did so only because he shared the same parentage as Joseph. We who are of the Benjamin Generation ("BenGeners") share the same Heavenly Daddy and the dispensation of Grace (typified by Rachel, the true love of Jacob, and as opposed to those who insist on the Law (typified by the unloved Leah and the 2 bondservants) as our Heavenly Joseph. That alone qualifies us to receive 5 times more! Amen?
We BenGeners can declare that it is because of our God's undeserved and unmerited favour. Jesus cried on the cross, "My God, my God! Why have you abandoned me?" so that we BenGeners can cry out, "My Daddy, my Daddy! Why have you so blessed me?"
5 comments:
Hi Mal,
You WILL be at the fellowship dinner on 26/12, right?
I want to leave a testimony of my own right here!
I have been blessed 30 fold, 60 fold, now awaiting my hundred fold.. all because Abba God placed a seed in me, and rewards me for working out what He gave me in the first place.
This is quite lengthy so prepare yourself.. Haha..
On the 14th of Dec, I dropped my wallet somewhere in Suntec right after breakfast. Although I was quite paniky, cos it so happened that I was BROKE and replacing an IC for the 2ND TIME(so careless) will cost me $200.., my brother-in-Christ took me to one corner near the toilets and prayed over the loss, declaring that whatever the Devil steals from me, he will have to pay back double.
Soon, it was time for 2nd service and I decided to leave it in God's hands cos there was nothing i could do anyway..
I'm glad i did not spend any effort worrying cos otherwise I would have missed the annointed message that Pastor fed us with...
when it was time for offerings, I realised that it was the 2nd last time I could tithe to the Lord for 2008... so I borrowed $10 from that same brother and sowed it.
After the service, I headed down to carrefour to serve at the Boys Brigade Sharity Gift Box donation drive that NCC was supporting. While I was there, I felt a peace and strength not from myself, and I ran all over the place like a kid pushing trolleys for blessed people who donated and had so much joy when we saw the abundance..
The result:
At the end of the day, I made a visit to Suntec Security in case they had found my wallet and TA~DA!! There it was! Minus the cash inside but it was a small price to pay for carelessness..
Thats not all.. I was blessed by this awesome brother who decided to give away 25 copies of HBI, my ministry leader commended me on my service, my mum gave me $50 and best of the best... A brother whom I knew was a smoking, drinking & swearing "pai kia" approached me for a copy of Pastors Destined to Reign Devotional... I was stunned.. I decided to bless this brother with a copy even though i would be broke again for I knew that this man could have gone back to his smoking or drinking to "solve" his problems, but instead he chose to feed on God's Word.. So i gave $35 out of the $50 i recieved.. Tonight, my father just gave me another $50, fulfilling the Psalm that says "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not lack.." .. isnt God good?
I want to start a blog too, spreading God's goodness to the Decapolis(ten cities)... but after my homework ya? T_T 2 formal reports..
Hi Stan
Yup, so far, indications are that I will :-D
Hi "marked to be a blessing"
Were you the guy who dropped by very early yesterday morning to pick up the HBI ;-)
Thanks for sharing your testimony! Knowing the grace gospel in your teens (compared to uncles like us who only caught it in the late thirties) means that God has greater plans ahead of you!
Looking forward to reading your blog.
I'm Joshen.. haha.. Yes I was the one.. I had to come extra early cos I was the main projectionist for the Mens&Womens Meeting and had to prepare.. Pastor Keith shared on "Measure of a Man" , while Pastor Benjamin's wife Pauline shared to the ladies on "Loving Relationships"... everyone was blessed ^^
Post a Comment