Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shepherd Feeds Sheep... to the Wolves

Sunday, 14th December 2008

As the year draws to a close, the "one who says so" has been spending some time reflecting upon what has happened over the past 12 months or so, so as to give thanks to God for seeing him through yet another blessed and eventful year.

One of the most "memorable" series of incidents took place in June/July, which involved me being summoned to the police station in connection with a vandalism case that took place in my church. Rom 8:28 became very real to me, because God vindicated me in the end.

When I look back upon it now, I can laugh and joke about it now. Hence the very tongue-in-cheek headline of today's post. Truth be told, I was struggling with a lot of anger and unforgiveness when going through it, and I want to thank the readers (like Geri, Angie and Stan) that God used to minister to me during that time of difficulty.

Shepherds are supposed to feed their sheep, but in this case, the "shepherd" fed his sheep.......................... to the wolves.

When my brother-in-law Marcus learnt about this, it so disgusted him. With shepherds like these, who needs adversaries. Anyways, he was worshipping in PLMC at that time but decided to move to NewCre, where he and his family has since settled down and just got baptised over the weekend. He and his wife have even signed up to go to Israel sometime in March 2009 (even before my wife and I are).

Hallelujah! Yet another case of Rom 8:28. Amen? And to think that just over a year ago, he was sending his kids to Dharma classes! His testimony is super-amazing, and shows that God is real. I will get him to share on ROOTSS in the not too distant future.

For those new to ROOTSS, you can read more the shepherd, sheep and wolf story here...

Dogfight Averted

And that incident also led to a 40-day FEAST, ie non-stop blogging for 40 consecutive days (yet another case of Rom 8:28), which you can read about here...

40-Day fEast

2 comments:

Thomas Liau said...

Hi Malcolm,

Just read your blog "Dogfight Averted", it is sad that some fellow believers are doing things to hurt other believers, but this is the world we live in and indeed only when we submit to God then can we have victory over all our circumstances. Brother, I truly feel for you.

Daughter Of Sarah said...

Praise God! Wow! I can't wait to hear his testimony!! =D