When I picked up the Sunday Times on the
morning of 20th July 2008, the first thing that caught my eye was the virtual catfight between Dawn Yang and Xiaxue.(For those who are not yet aware, these 2 are Singapore's hottest bloggers who average several thousand hits per day, so the hundred or so daily visits to ROOTSS really pales in comparison).
Anyway, it seems like Xiaxue had written some defamatory remarks about Dawn, and the latter has now demanded a public apology from the former, as well as unspecified damages.
As I thought about this, I realised that there were striking parallels to the situation that happened to me several weeks ago, which you can read about in the trilogy below:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
The fundamental difference in my case, I suppose, is that God's ways are always higher than our ways, and He gave me the strength and courage to forgive the person who wronged me. He continues to minister to me each day, especially when the devil keeps reminding me that until this day, that person has not shown any signs of remorse nor expressed his gratitude for my letting him off the hook, so to speak.
Who knows, had I not submitted to the Lord, and instead insisted on going ahead with legal action, it could have been his face and mine that ended up being splashed all over the front page of the New Paper. Thank God for His timely intervention, Amen?

2 comments:
Amen. =)
Indeed we are in this world but not of this world. Bible states clearly that spats between believers should never be taken beyond the church into the world's legal system.
I remember a year or so ago when there was a legal spat between a church and a church member that was all over the Straits Times. It saddened me because it brought Christ no glory and in fact, gave the devil a field day. Non-believers were having a good time talking about "these Christians". =p
May you keep on rising above the issues of this world, keeping your eyes on Jesus despite the storm.
You are highly blessed, greatly favoured and deeply loved my brother in Christ!
Thanks for the wise counsel of readers like you and Bathsarah, whom God is using to mold me.
All praise to our Daddy God :-)
Post a Comment