My God is Real; My God is Big!

Thursday, 31st July 2008

I was in church a couple of Sundays ago (on 20 Jul 08), and the sermon was so anointed that I was tearing throughout. The pastor was preaching on Mk 12:41-44 and explained that it was the realness and bigness of how the poor widow viewed her God that caused her to put in all that she had into the Treasury.

You can hear this sermon (entitled "What Do You Believe") and other anointed sermons here.

But the crescendo came at the end when he spoke about another person who also understood the realness and bigness of his God. He was diagnosed with leukemia two years ago and given just 6 months to live. What he did in response was to write a song in worship and praise to his God and he is alive today to testify as to how real and big his God is.

When I watched the video and meditated on the words, I was sobbing throughout the song. Thankfully, the music was pretty loud so those around me did not realise it :-p

The song is called Healer and it is sung by Mike Guglielmucci. It resonates so deeply in me because I claim everyone of those words for my son...



“Healer” — Mike Guglielmucci

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

I trust in You
I trust in You

I believe You’re my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You’re my Portion
I believe You’re more than enough for me
Jesus You’re all I need

My Healer, You’re my Healer

Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for putting up the video.
I was in church (different service though) and had the same experience as you. Was weeping and claiming every single word of the song for myself too!

Certainly it was the best sermon I have heard in PLMC!

All glory to Jesus for touching so many of us through the ministry of Ps Reuben.

Stanley Wong said...

Hi Mal,

Darlene Zschech was in NCC a few months ago and led the worship sessions. She introduced this song to us and taught us how to sing it during the worship sessions.

You know, the same people in churches all over Singapore on Sunday who sing "How Great Thou Art" are the very same ones who say God sometimes heals, and sometimes He doesn't because it is all up to His whim and fancy (or to put it more religiously: "according to His will"). Some even say God permits diseases on you to teach you a lesson. What's so great about a God like that?

What is God's will?

Deuteronomy 7:15 (NLT)
And the Lord will protect you from all sickness. He will not let you suffer from the terrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all your enemies!

Galatians 3:13 (NLT)
But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”

Christ Jesus has redeemed us from the curse of disease. The bible says so, it is so. Do we want to believe?

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Joo

Amen bro!

I will be taking a sabbatical at NCC starting next month, but will return to my home church whenever Ps Reuben preaches.

God has no favourites, so what He has done in NCC as a result of Ps Prince's ministry there, He sure can do here in PLMC through Ps Reuben.

I look forward to the day when hundreds are queueing up to enter our sanctuary whenever Ps Reuben is preaching...

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Stan

I showed my daughter the video and she recognised the song. It was sung at the Hillsong United concert she attended two months ago.

It is such an awesome song.

Say, Joo says he's going to pay you a surprise visit sometime this week...

Unknown said...

I attended NCC second service today, and the song sang while we dispersed at the end of service was this very song, which I sang along all the way to Sunday Church to pick up my son.

At the start of service during holy communion, Pastor Chin quoted from Romans 8:38,39 that NO-THING shall by any means separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. So I really do not understand how believers can go around telling people they can loose their salvation!!!???

And while I searched the Bible I "chanced" upon the following verse:

"For all things are for your sake, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God." 2 Corinthians 4:15

That's what I am experiencing, and like many of us here, and many who are under grace, thanksgiving abounds to the glory of God, not men!

And the following chapter talks about believers as new creation and we believers become the righteousness of God in Christ.

Amen!

As The Deer said...

Hey Malcolm,

I've been having a bit of a backache (healed in Jesus's name!) and writer's block (I have the mind of Christ - this is just temporary!) over the last 2 days so this song has really touched me at the right time.

The first time I heard it, like some of the other readers had mentioned, was when Darlene Zscech herself sang it at our church. The anointing that flows from this song is so beautiful.

Nothing is impossible for our God.

I believe that He is my healing, my inspiration, my El Shaddai so nothing can seperate me from acheiving victory in the various areas of my life because I am in Christ. I believe the same for you and for all the other readers of this blog.

We are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus - Amen?

I love what Joyce Meyer said in a sermon - if Christ can raise a dead man, so can he raise a dead situation. Hallelujah! What a great God we have.

Just leaning on Him every step of the way because I am nothing without Him. =)

God bless,
Geri

As The Deer said...

The story behind "Healer" is incredibly moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ_ny8hMgRY&feature=related

As The Deer said...

Wow... started reading up on Mike G's illness.

In Oct 2006 Mike was diagnosed with a blood disease. He was told he had 9 mths to live. Later the diagnosis was changed to cancer - Multiple Myelomas (cancer in his bones - a disease mostly reserved for really old men.).

Someone posted this on a forum on 16/10/2006-

"when i heard he was sick, i laughed... not because i am happy he is sick, but because while he was at our church he was healed of:

Glandular Fever
Blood Clot in his brain
Brain tumour
Burst Ear Drum

God is so going to get the glory for this one... just like the other ones. But keep praying!"

Then another testimony caught my eye -

"While at our church (while I was there) he was also healed of a broken leg in front of my eyes."

Amazing!

A 6th June 2007 posting said -

"He currently has 33 broken bones including bothi his arms, and 8 places in his back. Mike is also in a wheelchair but his attitude is just amazing, he said that it hurts to lay down and he if he breaks a rib going to the toilet he may as well break a bone doing something good."

2 months later on the 14th August 2007, someone in the forum pasted up something Mike G had put on his Myspace website -

HEY GUYS!!!! INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!! THE HEALING PROCESS HAS BEGUN!!!! TODAY I WENT TO JOHN WESLEYS CHAPEL IN BRISTOL. AS I STOOD IN WESLEYS PULPIT GODS POWER TOUCHED MY BODY!!!! TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT. I LEFT MY WHEELCHAIR THERE!!!! MY BACK IS HEALED, MY HIPS ARE HEALED, MY LEGS ARE HEALED!!!! I STILL HAVE PAIN IN MY UPPER BODY BUT IT HAS STARTED!!!! PRAISE AND GLORY TO THE KING OF ALL KINGS!!!! MY SAVIOUR, MY PORTION, MY FREEDOM, MY HEALER!!!!!

Hallelujah Jesus! =D

Mike and his family has such amazing faith and I love how he says he got all his good traits from Jesus in an interview.

People like to say "its in the genes"... well we have good genes. We have our Heavenly Daddy's genes!
We are in this world but not of this world. =D AMEN! HALLELUJAH!

God bless!
Geri

Malcolm Loh said...

Thanks for sharing this Geri. His testimony moved me to tears as well.

Powered By Blogger