Saturday, 5th July 2008
Several weeks ago, I blogged about how my dad and I went down to the police station in connection with a case of vandalism.
My dad and I found out that the complainant did so without first consulting the key leaders. Three days back, these leaders met up with him, together with the complainant (and a couple of others) in order to clear the air. What was strange was that the one being complained about was not invited to that meeting...
Anyway, my dad came back home after the meeting to update me on the matter. The complainant had told the key leaders that it was not out of malice that he had given my name to the police officer.
Granted, there may have been no ill-intent. However, it reflects a serious lack of wisdom on the his part. What do you think an investigative police officer would do with information given to him? Say "noted with thanks" and close the case? Nope, an investigator does what he is paid to do -- investigate (duh!) and hence called me to the police station to make a statement.
At the end of the day, I was greatly inconvenienced. My son just had a kidney transplant operation, I had just changed jobs and was still under probation. The last thing I needed at that point in time was to make a visit to the friendly neighbourhood police station.
I thank the Lord that it was only by His grace that nothing untoward happened as a result of that. In fact, He even gave me opportunity to share the grace message with the police officer. God also granted me favour with my bosses, so much so that I was confirmed after only 2 months and given another 20% increment.
Anyway, coming back to the meeting that my dad had with the complainant and key leaders. Any decent human being, when told the folly of his actions, would at the very least offer some sort of apology. Needless to say, none was forthcoming even after being told by my dad about the inconvenience and potential embarrassment it had caused to his reputation. He even had the absurd audacity to ask my dad to tell me to stop blogging!
Some of you are curious to know who the complainant is. As this may still be a police case, please understand I cannot name him publicly on this blog. I will be calling the police officer concerned on whether he has since found out who the culprit is, and hence the case be considered closed. Once this has been established, you need not be kept in suspense any longer.

8 comments:
You have entitled your post "Tale of the Unexpected" incorrectly. A more apt title would be "Talebearing - as Expected".
ha ha. That's a good one, Chien Chih :-)
You should seriously consider having a 40-days FAST from BLOGGING.
Lol.
It is sad that the person is totally unrepentant about the trouble he has caused you. Instead of fuming at him, I actually feel sorry for him and will pray for whoever it is. You must be quite empty inside to act this way. You can't give what you don't have and this guy apparently doesn't have much.
No worries, God takes what is meant to stumble us and turns it into manifolds of His wonderful blessings.
Hope your son is doing well... do let me know how my family and I can pray for him and your for your loved ones.
Praise God for the increment and blessings! He is so good and so loving... =D
Keep blogging... it is your right and each blog post you make edifies and uplifts other saints in Christ and testifies to God's greatness and mercy, =D So write on!
Hi Geri
When I was at the police station, the police officer asked me to write "XXXXX XXX = pig" 30 times to determine if the handwriting of the vandal was mine.
I called him yesterday and he confirmed that I am no longer a suspect because the handwritings do not match.
I have informed the complainant about this recent development, and am prepared not to reveal his identity on my blog if he furnishes me with an apology. So, the ball is now in his court :-)
Hi anon who posted on fri 4 jul at 1.48pm
thanks for your suggestion on taking a fast.
i thought you would have also suggested i put on ashes and sackcloth... ;-)
however, the Lord seems to have inspired me to take a 40-day fEast, ie. to blog for 40 consecutive days... and hence the recent deluge of blog entries :-)
Thank God that your name has been cleared. =)
And why fast from blogging? I agree feasting and rejoicing is called for! =D
But I must say - it is a greater thing to forgive that man who reported you to the police.
Even though he owes you a debt of apology, it is gracious to forgive him. I'd be real upset too if I were in your shoes... no one likes to be wrongly accused esp in such an unfair and painful manner... but try your best to find the strength in Christ to let go of your frustration with him and forgive him. Afterall, we are in grace now.
Remember the parable of the master who forgave a big debt of his servant, and then the servant who went to chase a guy who owes him money for repayment... I think you know what I am trying to say.
It brings Christ greater glory I am sure, and brings greater edification to those who happen to read your blog either by chance or regularly.
Pray about it and we are still behind you all the way brother! =)
Cheers!
Geri
Thanks Geri
What you are saying is biblically correct, and I will be writing part 3 of this saga very soon...
Post a Comment