Yep I do :-)
Let's take a break from the serious posts and talk about something light-hearted today instead.
Previously, I was working in a factory area in Kallang, where everyday was dress-down day, so we could wear a collared-Tshirt and sneakers daily without anyone even batting an eyelid. My standard attire would be a company Tshirt, jeans and a pair of Crocs.

Now that I'm working in a posh office in the heart of Raffles Place, I still continue to wear Crocs everyday as well because I find them light and comfortable.
The pair I wear from Mondays through Thursdays is the one you see on the right, called High Velocity.
But it's not obvious at first glance that it's a pair of Crocs because they have launched a new line meant for the workplace, which do not have the trademark holes.
Fridays are dress-down days, so I will wear the pair of moccasins you see on the left.Speaking of Crocs, thought I'd share something with you readers out there. Sometime last year, a headhunter informed me that their local office was looking for a CFO, and invited me to apply for the position. He later told me that they found me to be "underqualified" and my expected remuneration was "too low". In the end, they recruited someone about 8 years my senior.
In spite of being "spurned" by Crocs, I find their product to be very practical, and have since bought 14 pairs of Crocs already so far, for myself as well as family and friends (including the 2 pairs that were offered for sale in October of last year).
I hear they offer staff discounts, so had I joined them, maybe that number would have been closer to 50 :-)
But of course, God has better plans for me, and I am now working in the best company in the world (and I am not just saying that ok; it is really true -- it is insulated from economic conditions). Praises be to Him and Him alone!

2 comments:
Croc fan here too! Lol. I had no idea there were new Crocs out. Haven't been out to "gai gai" as much as I used to.
Cool shoes. Must bug hubby to check em out. Hehe.
I was at their Marina Square outlet recently and was amazed at the variety of designs that have become available.
I was like a kid in a candy store!
Imagine if I had gotten the job, I would probably find every excuse to spent time in the warehouse rather than in my own room :-)
Post a Comment