Just last week, my church celebrated her 76th anniversary.
Speaking of anniversaries, it will soon be one year since I was asked to step down as cell leader and treasurer of my church.

One of the thoughts that crossed my mind at that point in time was whether God could still make use of me. After all, I could sense some fellow churchmates taking great efforts to avoid me. They probably think I am the number one troublemaker :-)
As I look back over the past year, I thank God that He is still using me to proclaim the gospel of grace and what He has been doing in my life. Sure, some would say that it was humiliating to have the official appointments being removed from me. But I take great comfort that great men of God like Joseph the son of Jacob, Martin Luther and even John Wesley also went through similar journeys in having their official titles removed from them.
While the influence in my previous cluster has been reduced, God has more than compensated for this by increasing
the influence in many other areas. For example, this blog is read by hundreds of people each day. I was also checking out my YouTube account recently and noticed that there are now 150 subscribers!As for Facebook, I have now got close to 200 friends, the recent additions being current colleagues of mine.
I'm sure that after I start attending New Creation Church from next month onwards, this number is likely to double by the end of the year :-)
Praise be to God for His providence!

No comments:
Post a Comment