Mana Boleh Ini Machiam?

Saturday, 21st March 2009

A couple of annoy-ni-mouse, I mean, anonymous readers have started taking potshots whilst hiding behind a cloak, and asking what my agenda is in bringing up the so-called apology that was written in the Beacon.

Well, Rev Peter Koh is the very same person who recently preached so strongly about ridding the camp of sin like how the way Achan was brought to task. But he isn't practicing what he is preaching when he insists upon God's standards for his sheep, but expects mercy where his own shortcomings are concerned.

Instead of admitting that he plagiarised Rev Mathew's article, he used the word "extracted". And instead of saying "I apologise", he said "we apologise". By not taking responsibility for something which was done in his own personal capacity, he has implicated MY church and brought it into disrepute.

Mana boleh ini machiam? (which means "how can like this?" in Malay)

I am all for God's grace and mercy. After all, that is what I am promoting on this blog.

Yet, it has to be mentioned that those who operate on the law frequency, God deals with them on that frequency as well.

The Israelites murmured and grumbled between the time they crossed the Red Sea and upon reaching the foot of Mt Sinai. Yet, none of them died. But once they said in Ex 19:8 that all God asks of them they were well-able to do, and by doing so boasting in their self-efforts, the frequency as it were was changed. From thence forth, whoever murmured and grumbled were severely punished. I have blogged on this before.

Similarly, the rich young ruler asked Jesus in Lk 18:18, "Good teacher, what must I DO to inherit eternal life?" and Jesus replied using that same frequency by quoting Him some of the ten commandments.

Fast forward to today. This person "writes" an article about the need to keep God's laws, yet breaks the 8th commandment of "thou shall not steal" by committing literary theft. After being found out, does not come totally clean (even though he insists that his sheep do), but issues an "apology" hiding behind his organisation.

Ini machiam mana boleh?

Please do not get me wrong here. I am all for God's grace. But one cannot be operating on the law frequency, and yet expect to be dealt with on the grace frequency. Let's either be hot or cold, and not lukewarm.

And operating on the frequency of God's grace is the reason why I will not pursue this matter officially with the Bishop or the Board of Investigation as set out in section 715 subsection 3 of the Methodist Discipline, even though I was encouraged to do so by one of Methodist pastors, whom I am not at liberty to name. For the same reason, I did not pursue legal action against him when he wrongly gave my name to the police with regards to the vandalism case and till today has not apologised for what he did. The outcome of the above would be further alienation and not restoration, which is my heart's desire (and I'm sure all of yours too).

Should Rev Koh finally come to the end of himself and say, "God, I cannot. You can. I will stop putting demands on my congregation and just preach Jesus and His finished work". From that moment on, he operates on the grace frequency and will be dealt with on that same frequency too.

Now itu machiam boleh (which means "like that can" in Malay).

And the day that he switches to the grace camp, I will be the first one to rejoice and celebrate, and will bring him to Newton Hawker Centre to treat him to a $491 meal, which will include $239 worth of tiger prawns :-)

1 comment:

shir7ie said...

Hi Malcolm,

we are a random reader and we stumbled upon your blog and we are encouraged by your gracious entries, so be of good courage, bro!
we read abt the case of your senior pastor, and as much as we share my disappointment with you, we believe this is a God given opportunity for Him to reveal His abundant grace to Rev Peter, and we know that God has appointed you to be His vessel to reflect His loving kindness and graciousness. We pray for our Abba Father to turn something real good out of this situation.

cheers,
vincent & shir

Powered By Blogger