First of all, it is Valentine's Day.
And so a couple of days back, I sent to my wife's office half a dozen of flowers (with a couple of bears) to declare to her and all her colleagues that she is my one and only, the sunshine of my life, the apple of my eye and that I will love her always and forever.
Secondly of all, it is also the 1st day of the Lunar New Year.
This morning when I got up, she reciprocated by giving me something to celebrate both occasions -- a red packet with the word "Love" and the verse 1 Cor 13:48 in Chinese on the front, and a sweet and touching message on the back :-)But what was more significant was the amount that she enclosed inside.
What I have been doing since the start of 2009 is to give 10% of my monthly variable income to her as a means to honour her and acknowledge that she is an integral part of the success that God has given me. After all, there is a saying that "behind every successful man is his wife".
And what she has now done is to sow 10% of what I blessed her with in 2009 back into my life as a love seed! And that seed is going to produce a bountiful harvest in terms of even more variable income in 2010, which is the year of restful increase. Amen?
I really want to thank the Lord for revealing to both my wife and I the secret to unlocking God's riches -- and that is via sowing into the lives and ministries that propagate the grace gospel of His Son Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!
No comments:
Post a Comment