Sunday, 7th February 2010
Yesterday, I blogged about how this year has been one of "restful increase" and gave examples of how the Lord has been providing the increase.
Today, I shall blog about restfulness.
Sometime at the start of Dec 2009, my boss asked me to see him and told me he was appointing me as the Chairman of the Organising Committee for the Dinner & Dance, that was scheduled to be held in Feb 2010. In other words, he was giving just over 2 months to form a committee, plan the D&D and execute it.
Whoa. It was at such short notice and I was in the middle of budgets. I had also never organised an event on such a scale before. The initial response was for me to decline. However, I have come to realise that when bosses assign any kind of work or task to us, firstly it is because they trust us to get it done and secondly, it is a God-given opportunity for Him to show that He will provide.
And so, I somewhat reluctantly accepted the challenge. God prompted me to identify colleagues who were reliable and yet fun to work with, after which I approached the various HODs to seek their permission to rope them into the committee. And as a clear indication that it was God behind it, every single one of them who were approached said yes!!!
Now, I was about to embark on a business trip to Hong Kong and then to Canada, so the 1st DND meeting could only be held two weeks later upon my return -- on 14 Dec 2009. Thankfully, one of the committee members had already started liaising with various hotels to find out which ones were available on the night of 6 Feb 2010, and we shortlisted this down to Marina Mandarin.
There was a flurry of activity thereafter, in getting emcees, deejay, sound engineer, wine supplier, sponsors, putting together the programme, etc etc but somehow everything just seemed to fall supernaturally in place! Sure, work had to be done by each of the committee members. But there was such a joy in their faces -- they all saw this as a fun project and not an additional chore over and above their routine day-to-day work.
Truth be told, there were a few minor glitches leading up to the big day, but somehow God just caused circumstances to happen and people to be at the right place at the right time such that those hiccups were ironed up on time.
Well, the big event finally took place last night and I really thank God that it was such a rousing success!!! Many people came up to me to commend me on a job well done, but all the glory ought to go to Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour for blessing me with such capable and reliable committee members, whom I must say are all extremely talented, dedicated and committed individuals.
We only had 7 meetings and just over 2 months to get everything in order. I know that in the natural, it would have been a near impossible task, But with Christ, nothing is impossible. Amen?
Reflecting upon the past 2 months, there was indeed a sense of restfulness and peace throughout, and I thank God that He has once again shown Himself strong and that He is Jehovah Jireh, our Provider.
By the way, the theme of our DND was "League of Nations" and you can see photos that were taken at the following link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=141623&id=751059341
1 comment:
Hi Malcolm
I came across your blog whilst searching for Professor Brawn and it is indeed interesting and encouraging to know that many are now blessed by Pastor Prince's messages. It takes the Holy Spirit to open one's eyes to realize that when we accept the grace message and negating the Law, it does not give us the licence to sin as most people think. When we accept the grace message, we unknowingly and unconciously flow with God's Spirit and He transforms our lives in such a way that we don't want to sin anymore. Of course we are still in the flesh like losing our temper, etc. but we will be slowly transformed in the likeness of God's character. I want to relate my own experience. I was borne into a Christian family and for 40 years, I was wandering as a lost Christian in wilderness. At that time, God was portrayed to be fierce and harsh and would not hesitate to punish us each time we sin. We were also taught not to partake of the Holy Communion each week if we had sinned. I thank God that a colleague told me about New Creation and since then, my life has been totally transformed. I am a completely different person and my life have since become so blessed. Over all these years, I can see God's continuous blessings in my family and I have so many miracles to testify. On reflection, I can't find any blessings or miracles in the first 40 years of my life in wilderness in the law teachings. I am extremely grateful that God has given us an angel, Pastor Prince, without which, I wonder where I will be today. I pray that people will be open to Pastor Prince's messages and test/challenge for themselves to see and prove how grace can transform their lives.
Thank you Malcolm for your interesting blog.
Post a Comment