Sunday, 21st February 2010
Last year, leading up to the Lunar New Year, my colleagues had asked me whether there would be a gathering at my (dad's) place. I stay with my parents, so I had to ask them permission to do so. They kindly said yes, and so it was the very first time I invited friends and colleagues over for CNY. The gathering was restricted to ex-classmates from NTU, ex-colleagues from PwC and Infineon and current colleagues from my department (Finance) and it was a cosy affair involving about 20 people.
This year, I decided to extend the invitation to the other sales support staff from my company (ie. from Marketing, Corporate Services, Information Technology, Training, etc) and so that number went up to more than 50.
We had such a wonderful time that I may just extend this to the sales people as well, which will see that number go up to more than 200 persons. Dad, thanks in advance :-)
I really want to thank the Lord Jesus Christ for the awesome weather. It was a cloudy day so it was not too hot outdoors. The buffet was set out in the car porch and my colleagues also enjoyed playing table tennis in the patio or kicking a football in the front yard. Of course, those who preferred cooler surroundings could remain indoors to dine in airconditioned comfort.
There are 12 days of Christmas, but 15 days of Lunar New Year. Yesterday was the 7th day of Chinese New Year. It is also known as "ren re" or "people's birthday". And so, we had a lo-hei to celebrate everybody's birthday as well.
You can see other photos that were taken at the following link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=147120&id=751059341&l=7ef024ea1e

No comments:
Post a Comment