Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mixing Business with Pleasure

Saturday, 20th February 2010

There is a saying that goes, "you cannot mix business with pleasure".  By and large, when management are in the boardroom talking about setting goals and directions, there is an air of seriousness about proceedings.  Work and fun does not seem to be able to go together.

But what if a company consists of motivated individuals who enjoy working and are passionate about the product they are selling because they know it is second-to-none and there is nothing like it out there in the market?  They enjoy going to work each day.  They enjoy meeting up with clients to share with them the company's value proposition and making a difference in the lives of their clients.

Well, I thank God for placing me in such an organisation!  I started work upon graduating from NTU in 1991 and this is the 7th job of my 19-year career.  The number seven signifies completion, so I would like to believe that this is the perfect and final one. 

I enjoy going to work each day.  I enjoy the working environment.  I enjoy interacting with wonderful bosses and colleagues.


Just four days ago, we had a mega lo-hei that stretched over 8 tables long.  More than 150 of us gathered together to celebrate the Year of the Tiger.  Check out the above pananomic photo that was taken with my Samsung Omnia II.

You can see other photos at the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=146370&id=751059341&l=d3d88c1c1d


Thank you Lord for debunking the myth.  Thank you Lord for allowing me to mix business with pleasure each day from Monday to Friday.  Hallelujah!

No comments: