Tuesday, January 6, 2026

I'm BOTUG BOTUG Again!

Tuesday, 6th January 2026

Botug again in January 2026

No, this photo is not AI-generated, just in case you are wondering.

This morning, I decided to shave my head bald (again).

The previous time I did so was way back in October 2007, 19 years ago.

You can read about that here:

https://rootss.blogspot.com/2007/10/making-bald-statement.html

At that point in time, I was working in a German MNC and my then-boss asked me what had happened.  I had to tell her a white lie: that I made a bet with a friend on the result of a soccer game, where the loser had to shave off all of his hair.

Botug then in October 2007

But the real reason for me doing so was to make a bold (and bald) statement that I was a BOTUG (a play on the word "Botak" which is "bald" in Malay).

BOTUG is the acronym for a Believer Operating Totally Under Grace.  This was in response to the extremely law-based, then-PIC of PLMC Peter Koh.  He had relieved me of my role as Treasurer and Cell Group leader, disbanding my CG without bothering to even channel me into another one.  

He did so because I was actively propagating Ps Joseph Prince's resources such as CDs and books to my CG members, the contents of which he and the other 2 then-pastors of PLMC, Barnabas Chong and Tay Kay Leong, considered to be heretic.

Fast forward to today.  Now that I am un- (oops, I mean self-) employed, I can make bold (and bald) statements as and when I choose.

So what better time to do than at the start of a brand new year, right? Haha.

So yes, I'm BOTUG! BOTUG! Again.

Believer Operating Totally Under Grace,
Based On Theos' Unlimited Grace.

Amen?