Wednesday, January 14, 2026

The Adventures of Lobang King (Episode 2): KLKK

Wednesday, 14th January 2026

Today, we move onto Episode 2: KLKK.

Continuing from yesterday's episode about me TALKing about winning the MAD Award during my inaugural ASA event, here's concrete proof that it was definitely not keh-long at all.

I was, am, and will always be, not just the Lobang King, but the King of Lobang Kings oK (otherwise known as "KLKK"), hence this episode title haha.

Of course, Tshirts have been my all-time favourite for the longest of times.

Even as far back as 2007, I had blogged about tshirts with a Christian theme.

https://rootss.blogspot.com/2007/01/tshirts-with-christian-messages-and.html

https://rootss.blogspot.com/2007/03/additions-to-xt-and-xd-collection.html

Over the years, I have collected just too many of them, and have had to do some serious decluttering recently because we have to move out of my late parents' house, latest by the end of the year.

I have also cut down to just the 1 customised t-shirt per year, what I call the "T(hemed)-shirt".  The front will show the current year's theme in both English and Chinese, while the back will reflect all previous years' themes. The shirts are deliberately in loud and screaming neon colours so that I can be a walking billboard to be seen from afar haha. In 2023, it was yellow. In 2024, green. In 2025, orange.

the t(hemed)-shirts for 2023, 2024 and 2025 in neon colours

At the time of writing, this year's Chinese version is still not out yet, so I have not gotten it made yet.  Will update again when I do so, and am considering a pink coloured tshirt. What do you think?

Meanwhile, the back of that tshirt will look like this...

previous years themes

As indicated yesterday, the Lobang King's repertoire has expanded beyond tshirts to include others such as the following:

ARTWORK

diasec print
I have mentioned in an earlier post that I am currently a business owner.

https://rootss.blogspot.com/2025/12/the-75-c-suite-professional-2019.html

I set up a sole proprietorship called Akeraios Phronesis in July 2022 and had a piece of hyperrealism artwork drawn up for me by the renowned Patrick Bezalel Lee, who also used to do video illustrations for Ps Prince.  Pictured on the right is a diasec printing of the artwork he did.

Do let me know if you want something similar done for yourself and I can get you connected with him.

BEARS

While strolling in International Plaza, I came across a shop that made plush bears with customisable printed cropped-tops.

Pictured below on the left is the one I gave to fellow GraceUnited.sg member Thomas Shalom Liau for his water baptism in January 2020, while I gave the one on the right to Mr Peter Tan in November 2023 as his retirement gift. He was the principal when my son was in ACSJ and then ACSBR, and also of my BKF ("best kingdom friend") David Tang's 2 sons when they were studying in Queenstown Secondary School ("QSS").

Fun fact: Mr Tan was posted to QSS the very same year that David's elder son Justin went to Sec 1 (2018), and completed his tenure the very same year that David's younger son Javen completed Sec 4 (2023).

we bear bears

Unfortunately though, the supplier's website thatcornershop.com seems to be no longer in operation.

CUSHIONS

These huge emoji cushions were all the rave back in the 2010s, and I must have bought more than a dozen of them.

Now that we are decluttering, we have given most of them away.  I bought them from a TaoBao supplier through the EZBuy platform, which I believe is no longer around.

emoji cushions decoratively displayed

DECALS

Now this has been, and will always remain, a perennial favourite! So I will be dedicating a separate episode on it, Do stay tuned.  In fact, its impact is somewhat similar to the hexagonal-shaped (now defunct) road tax discs and $1-coins that circulated around the island.

EZLINK CARDS

personally-named ezlink

latter rain ezlinks
I was roped into the 2019 L&T ASA Committee and the door gift we gave out was customised EZLink Cards.

Separately I ordered 15 with that year's Latter Rain theme to give to fellow Committee members as a token of appreciation.

Here is the supplier's website for your reference
customcards.com.sg


FLASHING PANELS

This has got to be the most elaborate of them all.  David Tang and I saw generic ones being sold in a flea market when we were in Chiang Mai for that Mission Trip.  So I searched online to see if there was any company doing customised ones.

Well, indeed there is: Flashion Statement, based out of Maine, USA. I placed an order for 25 panels with the words "Hesed Wisdom", it being the theme for that particular year.

Not only does the LED label flash, you can have it flash in timing with either in-built accompanying music, or to external music.

The label can also be mounted onto the front of a tshirt using velcro, so that one can become a walking (and talking) billboard and the ultimate attention-grabber, haha.

Their website is flashionstatement.com

Stay tuned for Episode 3 where I will focus on car decals! In the meantime, it's KLKK signing off for now.

No comments: