Wednesday, March 4, 2026

BBC: Boast and Broadcast about Christ

Wednesday, 4th March 2026

Two days ago, I went up to JB with some "Monday brothers".

It is a term used to describe those who do not need to work on Mondays because they work on Sundays, and typically go to JB on Mondays because traffic is the lightest the day following the weekend. 

One of them is an exemplary team leader in the L&T ministry and yup, his team is thriving under his leadership.  So much so that I personally know of someone who made a special request to transfer into his team :P

[To understand God's principle regarding spiritual leadership, please feel free to read this post]

Rise and Fall: Churches, Ministries and CGs

Anyway, this particular leader likes to do things in the background, his maxim being to "not let the left hand know what the right hand is doing".  This is Biblical and is based on Matt 6:3, viz:

"Let not the left hand know what the right hand is doing" is 

a biblical idiom from Matthew 6:3, instructing that acts of charity and kindness should be done in secret, without seeking recognition or praise. It emphasizes humility, suggesting that giving should be so discreet that even you (symbolized by the left hand) barely acknowledge your own good deeds (right hand)

I respect that in him, so I will not sabo him by mentioning his name nor what he has done quietly for others, lest I jeopardise his effectiveness in the Body of Christ.

I will however offer a clue: he is really Tok Kong: Always Awesome.  He who has ears, let him hear ;-)

I, on the other hand, have been accused even by those close to me of frequently boasting and showing off :-(

In my defence, God has created me very different from that particular brother.

In my younger years, I was not like the other outspoken ACS boys in my cohort.  I was scrawny and pimply, and thus introverted, self-conscious and living very much in the (as well as being a pale) shadow of my illustrious dad.  I recall someone ever commenting that I was always looking on the floor when speaking with people, particular to girls.

BUT GOD (yup that term again haha) had other greater plans for me.  Even today, I might not be totally comfortable speaking in public in front of others, but I am very much at home typing in front of the screen of my laptop.  And blogging is God's perfect gift to people like me!

I am a totally different persona (some would call us "keyboard warriors", and I just love testifying and boasting about God's goodness in my life.

But is this Biblical?  We read in Jn 4 about how that Samaritan woman at the well, after encountering the Lord, left behind her water-pot(!), and went back to her village to become an unashamed evangelist.  Had blogs and the Internet been invented during her time, she would have broadcasted her story not just to her village but to also the whole known world as well.

Which brings me to an incident I want to announce that happened very recently.  Last Thursday (26 Feb), I was seated next to a fellow investor and he told me that he had made some pocket money on Elridge Energy.  He had sold his shares because in his view as a savvy angel investor, it was way overvalued.  

I told him of my plans to sell only at RM1.99.  But after taking into consideration what he said and the fact that I was already sitting on quite a tidy unrealised profit, the very next day, I decided to queue at 9:23:54 am to sell all my shares at RM1.49 for the "fun" of it, not expecting anything to happen.  You can see the screenshot below as to when the "submit time" was.

Then. at 3:47pm, I received the following text message

I was having afternoon tea with another Monday brother of mine (Hei Nick, a shout-out to you!) when I received the text.  I was surprised yet at the same time disappointed because it actually went up further to RM1.51.

Then over the weekend, a black swan event happened that caused the entire stock market to crash on Monday, something not even the smartest analyst would have anticipated. 

It was God and God alone who prompted me to sell before the market crash.  All glory to Him!

And so please allow me to BBC (Boast and Broadcast about Christ) about yet another example of how much Jesus loves ME.  He is not some distant and remote God, but a personal one intimately interested in even the smallest detail in the daily lives of His sons and daughters. Amen?

Back to that outing in JB. Two other brothers had volunteered to pick up the tab.  But in the end, the child whom Jesus loves did ;-)

P.S. Elridge has plunged to 80+ sen because of profit-taking and panic-selling, but its fundamentals remain sound.  May consider going in again to bargain-hunt if so prompted by the Lord.

No comments: