Tuesday, March 17, 2026

Chats with Brother Loh

Tuesday, 17th March 2026

Back in the 1990s, Dr Aw Swee Eng wrote a book called "Chats with Uncle Loh" and gave several copies to my dad.

While de-cluttering the Study, I came across those copies, and have kept one for posterity.

Fast forward to the 21st century and God has brought a dear brother into my life, Douglas Loh.  I got to know him way before he was appointed a Deacon, and we meet up regularly for lunch to fellowship and chat.  

He introduced me to King of Fried Rice, Uptown Nasi Lemak and Sando, amongst others. 

In return, I have introduced him to Prof Brawn Cafe, Boh Geh Uncle Canteen and Little Pond.

Prof Brawn Cafe, May 2018
Sando, Sep 2024
Little Pond, Oct 2025

Because of the great kingdom friendship that we have, God has frequently used Dn Doug as a channel to give me His rhema word.  For example, I only knew about the existence and use of washpots because Dn Doug shared that with me back in 2018 when I encountered friction with my then-ministry team leader CY.  You can read that blog entry here

Thank God for Washpots

Well, God again used Dn Doug to bring me His rhema word (or rather a series of 9 Instagram images) when I shared about what happened recently in my "perfect" CG.  I reproduce these 9 images below to encourage everyone to be part of a CG, not be discouraged by setbacks, but continue to look to Jesus as the author and finisher of our faith.









I truly am blessed by my chats with Brother Loh.  May God continue to bless His ministry as a Deacon overseeing the Sunday Experience at the Star!

No comments: