Sunday 18 February 2007
Some time in Oct 06, our church had a publicity blitz entitled SerFest 06 (short form for "Service Festival 2006", where various ministries would set up booths to showcase the kind of work they were involved in, as a means to encourage members to sign up to serve the church in an area where they felt the LORD would lead them to do so.
One of the booths that were on display that morning was that of the drama ministry. They were looking for male participants to be involved in a year-end Christmas drama. It so happened that one of its members Lilian Chiam, was also the Head of English Department in PLMGPS, the school that my daughter Rachel is attending.
Well, one thing led to another, and there was my daughter, form in hand, asking me whether I would like to sign up, so I did so out of a sense of obligation. At that time, I did not give it much thought, as I had assumed there would be an audition a la Singapore Idol, so if I was not good enough, I would just not be selected.
Well guess what? Little did I know that there were no auditions, so before I knew it, I had been roped in to play the role of Wise Man 2 for the Christmas Evangelistic Outreach drama entitled "Dress Rehearsal”. There were also rehearsals galore leading up to the event, just for that 20-odd minutes of performance.
So that's how my daughter got me into being a "Drama Papa" :-)
Looking back, although it was hard work, I thank the Lord because it was another area in which I could serve Him. In fact, it was actually kind of fun to be part of the drama ministry.
Today being the start of a long Chinese New Year holiday, and I finally found time to look through the video recordings that my daughter helped to make that Christmas eve evening. So here they are, uploaded to YouTube for your viewing pleasure.
Scenes 1 and 2:
Director (Joani Lim),
Angel (Jeannette Lim),
Shepherd (Ian Yap)
and Innkeeper (Andy Toh)
Song and Dance Segment:
Pre-recorded Segment: Family Feud
Father (Able Cheong)
Mother (Lilian Chiam)
Children (Nicolas and Nadia)
Scene 3: Family and another song:
Scenes 4 and 5:
Wise Man 1 (Vincent Cheong)
Wise Man 2 (Malcolm Loh)
Wise Man 3 (Mak Soo Har)
Grand Finale - entire cast appears on stage (including choir and dancers)
And finally, as a bonus, this was recorded during one of the dress rehearsals of Dress Rehearsal. It is a draft version of the "Credits" that did not see the light of day because the final version took another form.
No comments:
Post a Comment