Dear Theophili and Theophilae
Just two days ago, I was blogging about how thankful I was to the Lord for the advances made in technology, especially where the Internet is concerned, and singled out GoogleMaps, BibleGateway and BlueLetterBible as awesome applications.
Here are 3 others that I thought are also worthy of mention in our inter-connected world:
YahooGroups

In the 90s, people would subscribe to "mailing lists" where members would exchange emails on topics that interested them.
A decade later, this has evolved into web-based "community groups" where subscribers now not only exchange emails, but can share resources such as files, photos and databases. They even have incorporated calendars to help remind one another of important events such as birthdays and other special occasions.
The very 1st YahooGroup I joined was the one set up by ntiuACF - NTI/NTU Aumni Christian Fellowship, thanks to fellow church member Philip Ng, who is also the cell leader of Goodness, one of the cells in Robert Chan's cluster. We happened to be at one of the B2B sesssions at Pasir Ris when he mentioned about the existence of this YahooGroup where the alumni of NTICF and NTUCF continue to keep in touch with one another.
Since then, I have also joined the 3L3CG YahooGroup set up by Larry Chu, cell leader of 3L3, one of the cells in Sunny Yap's 3L cluster, and have gone on to set up the Group 3L Cluster for our 3L cluster and the Group AstonVillaRox, which is meant for the Aston Villa fans in Singapore and the surrounding region.
DroploadThis application was introduced to me by RevBarnz (who may be a pastor, but is one of the coolest people I know because he keeps abreast with technology and is very IT-savvy).
He was recently ordained as an elder, and I took several photos of him during the Ordination Service last November. The photos totalled 21MB, and I was reluctant to burn them onto a CD-R because it meant that 97% of the CD-R's storage capacity would have gone to waste.
So I actually tried emailing him the files, but they were never delivered because of the size limits placed by the email servers.
That's when RevBarnz mentioned about this application called Dropload, and suggested that I droploaded the photos for him to pick up. Guess what? It worked like a charm, and I have used this app to email large files to other persons as well.
MediaMax
I have to kind of thank RevBarnz also for coming to know about this application.I happened to be snooping around his blog over the weekend, and noticed that he had included links to his sermons and song compositions. When I clicked on the links, I found out that he had stored them using MediaMax. MediaMax gives users 25GB of free storage space, which is incredible!
Well, to cut a long story short, I have just started to use this applicattion to host the latest JPM Catalogs, so that those who want to borrow materials from my Library of Anointed Messages can know what are available.
Just last week, an ex-colleague of mine requested for the catalogs, so I emailed them to her. I was wondering whether there was a more effective and efficient way to facilitate this and voila there is -- thanks to MediaMax :-)
Have a blessed week ahead!
Shalom
Malcolm
No comments:
Post a Comment