Sunday, February 11, 2007

Decals with Christian messages and themes (XD)

Sunday, 11th February 2007

Some time ago, I introduced one and all to my XT ("Christian tshirt") collection. Today, I shall introduce my XD ("Christian decal") collection.

As you all know, I have dedicated my new Grandis to the LORD, to be used as a "limo service" to ferry cell and church members, as well as relatives and friends to and from their destination. (see blog entry on this).


I have discovered that whatever is set apart for the LORD, He will bless and the devil will not be able to touch it. This has held true of my finances, and the next step is to commit my other possessions to Him as well.

One concrete way of showing that the car is dedicated to His glory is to place decals with Christian-themed messages on it. The last time I counted, there are a total of 12 XDs on display.

1. One Way to God
I bought this decal a couple of years ago from a shop on the 3rd floor of Heartland Mall called Daily Gifts. It has an arrow pointing upwards which contains a cross with the words below “One Way to God”. We all know that His name is Jesus, because He declared in John 14:6 that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no one can go to the Father except through Him.


2. Smile, God Loves You
I bought this decal the same time as the one above. It has a total of 20 smiley faces, surrounding the words Smile, God Loves You. It is a reminder to us that we should to rejoice in the LORD always. Again I say it, rejoice (Phil 4:4).


3. Jesus (fish-shaped)
I also bought this as the same time as the earlier 3. This decal appealed to me because my favourite symbol is that of the fish. This was used by the early church to identify one another, so as to avoid persecution by the authorities. In Greek, "ichthus" means fish and is an acronym for Iesous Christos Theou Uios Soter, meaning "Jesus Christ, God's Son and Saviour".


4. Jesus Loves You
This decal was purchased (of all places) from a shop on the ground floor of First World Hotel, Genting Highlands in Sep 06. My family was there for some outing organized by my wife’s company. The letter O in "Loves" is replaced by a red-coloured heart with a white cross inside of it.





5. Try Jesus
This decal was purchased from the gift shop counter that was set up on the 6th floor of Suntec Convention Centre as part of Fusion 2007. I was already planning to buy the Grandis then, so this was the first decal that I wanted to stick onto the new car. [The counter was operated by ACTS Lifestyle, which actual outlet is actually at Basement 1 of China Square Central]. Andy of 3L2 found the fine print amusing. It reads, "If you don't like Him, the devil will always take you back".


6. Jesus is the Answer
This was also purchased that same evening at the shop set up for Fusion 2007. A guy by the name of Chrizzeh commented that he likes this one. It can be purchased from Acts Lifestyle. This particular one resembles a licence plate.


7. On Call
I saw this one at Life BookShop at Level 4 of Junction 8. It appealed to me because I had at one stage considered becoming a taxi-driver. I bought one for Roland (3L7's co-leader) as well because he harbours similar cab-driving ambitions. There is a profound message in fine print, “God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called." What matters to God is not whether we have a PhD or MBA. Rather, it is our willingness and availability to serve Him. And He will then equip us accordingly to carry out His kingdom work.


8. Our God is an Awesome God
I was at SKS Books Warehouse two weeks ago looking for the books recommended by RevBarnz and Pastor Prince when I saw this decal. This one reminded me of that song which goes like this, "Our God is an awesome God. He reigns from Heaven above with wisdom, power and love. Our God is an awesome God!"


9. Fish and Cross
I went to Daily Gifts in Hougang Mall again today, and saw this symbol of the fish with a cross inside of it. I have seen the fish symbol on a number of other cars, but this one is unique. I have just stuck it on the left of the Cycle & Carriage label at the back of the Grandis.


10. J-E-S-U-S (Reflective)
I bought this from Daily Gifts today as well. It is made of reflective material like those used commonly by cyclists. At first glance, it is quite difficult to make out the letters. In fact, my mom asked me if it was made up of Chinese characters. Focus on the white portion, and you will see the letters J-E-S-U-S.


11. Ichthus - fish symbol
Since the fish is my favourite symbol, I decided to get from Daily Gifts today as well. Having run out of space at the back of the Grandis, I have thus stuck this on the right corner of the front bumper.


12. Follow God Closely
I did not see this decal the last time I went to Daily Gifts, so I decided to get this for my XD collection as well. It is stuck on the front windscreen together with the earlier 3 that I bought last year, ie. One Way To God, Smile God Loves You and Jesus (fish-shaped).



So there you have it. My entire XD collection (as at today anyway). The bulk was purchased from Daily Gifts, with a handful of others from ACTS Lifestyle, SKS Books Warehouse and Life BookShop.


I have also built up quite a collection of magnets with Christian messages and themes (XM) and will introduce them to you in a future blog entry.


Till then, ta for now and may His shalom peace with you always.


Malcolm

No comments: