17 July may not be a significant day for many people, but it is for yours truly.Nope, it's not my birthday or wedding anniversary.
It's the day that ROOTSS was first launched.
ROOTSS first appeared on 17 July 2006 in Yahoo 360, when I felt the need to put the thoughts that God had been impressing upon me on electronic paper.
Back then, I had just read a book by Pastor Prince called Right Place Right Time (which appeared as a blog entry on 18 July 2006).But it was only at the start of this year that blogging became a more passionate activity for me.
ROOTSS was "uprooted" and "replanted" on Blogspot on 17 January 2007.
Needless to say, I have been receiving mixed feedback from various persons.
On the one hand, there has been positive feedback from very unexpected quarters where brothers and sisters have told me that they were very edified and encouraged by my posts. I blog from my heart, with no hidden agenda whatsoever, and I suppose there is a freshness in the frankness that comes across.
On the other hand, there has also been negative feedback (especially from the "establishment" types) that my blog contain entries that are "severely disturbing", that the doctines I subscribe to are heretic, that my favourite pastor leads a cult church whose growth comes about by stealing sheep from other churches, etc.
There is even a brother who refuses to link his blog to mine (even though I have no problems linking mine to his). May God bless his dear heart :-)
I take comfort from the fact that the disciples of our Lord Jesus Himself themselves encountered opposition. The holier-than-thou Pharisees and scribes would have accused Him of "starting a cult" that went against the religious establishment of Judaism.
Just imagine the look on their faces, for example, when they saw Jesus' disciples breaking the Sabbath by helping themselves to the corn when they walked through the field, as recorded in Matt 12:1 .
Or when they saw that they did not wash their hands before partaking of a meal, as recorded in Matt 15:2.
At the end of the day, we are here to please God and not men (Acts 4:19).

And that affirmation came by means of the Best Christian Blog of the Week award that was bestowed upon ROOTSS on 4 February 2007. Thank you, Lord!
ROOTSS turns one today. Like William Hung would say in response to Simon Cowell, "I have done my best. I have no regrets at all."
You can thus expect more of the same in the year to come.
Yes, more radical posts about the gospel of grace and the finished work of the cross.
Unreservedly. Without apologies. No holds barred.
More good years!
No comments:
Post a Comment