Sunday, 15th July 2007
Exactly 3 months ago, on Sunday 15th April, I blogged on the topic of "Stealing Sheep?"
It is no mere coincidence that 3 months later, on Sunday 15th July, I would be blogging on the topic of "Stealing Shepherds?"
I guess by now you must have received the news that our dear Pastor B will be leaving us on 1 August to go to Cairnhill Methodist Church.
This may have come as a surprise or shock to many of us, because he has only been with PLMC for slightly over a year and a half. Yet, in this relatively short period, the Lord has already used him mightily to impact the lives of many, and made inroads, especially among the children and youth.
Personally, I have also been ministered in at least 3 areas.
Firstly, he is the only pastor I know that is humble enough to join a cell group. It was truly a divine appointment that he and his lovely wife May and kids Aaron, Elisha and Josiah became members of 3L2 in July 2006.
Secondly, his talk at Fusion 2007 about Dusting For Satan's Fingerprints was an eye-opener for many (including myself) to be wary about the music, movies and TV programs that we listen to or watch.
And thirdly, he wrote the song Great God for our Ohana Camp, a song which will go down in the history of PLMC as the very 1st song written by a pastor of PLMC, and be remembered for generations to come.
So you can be sure that I will be misssing the author of Missingrims ...
Then again, having said all the above, there is reason to rejoice...
Pastor B will be moving on to shepherd a flock of about 180 members with the potential to grow at least fourfold.
CMC now worships at the hall of ACSJ, but will be moving to the 700-seater auditorium of the new school premises in a couple of years' time.
They require a visionary to come up with programs and activities that will spur the members on to greater heights.
And I can think of no other person who fits the bill better than our dear Pastor B.
I remember three years back when our previous PIC, Rev Wee Boon Hup had to move on to assume the office of TRAC President.
Sure, many of us in PLMC were sad to lose an "old boy" who had seen us through more than 10 years.
Yet, we knew that God had a higher calling for him to impact not just one, but all the TRAC churches in Singapore.
So just like the earlier post about Stealing Sheep, let us also be magnanimous here and not get upset about a shepherd of ours being "snatched away", so to speak.
His season with PLMC is about to come to an end, but his season with CMC is about to commence, and I am sure God has even greater plans for him over there. Amen?
No comments:
Post a Comment