Monday, June 9, 2008

My Cup Overfloweth

Monday, 9th June 2008

Those who have been following my blog have realised that while I used to blog every day, ever since I changed jobs, I have only been blogging on weekends and public holidays.

Well, today calls for an exception because something most wonderful happened in the office.

My CFO was in KL and Hongkong over the past 2 weeks. This morning, he called me into his room to update him about what happened in Singapore while he was away. After about 15 minutes into our conversation, he told me that the reason why he could safely be out of the country for 2 weeks without worrying was because he knew the Finance department was in safe hands.

He went on to say that recruiting me was the best decision that he had ever made and placed upon me other accolodates that really made me feel very paiseh. He then told me that the MD and he had jointly decided to confirm me with effect from 1 June 2008 and presented me with an envelope containing my confirmation letter. I was told to open it in front of him, and I could not believe my eyes! I was being given a 20% increment!

I thought that God had prospered me enough in my previous company by giving me 5 increments in the space of 3 years, and also the 2 biggest bonuses of my entire career. But here He was like telling me, "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"

I had never had such a big increment in my entire career, and somehow, I know that things are going to get even better because God has stayed true to His Word in Mal 3:10 and opened the floodgate of heavens upon me. I remember that ever since listening to that sermon on tithing by Rev Dr Wee Boon Hup in July 2005, I have been going beyond the tithe (ie. giving more than 10% to church). This has coincided with the beginning of the increments and bonuses, and more increments and bonuses. To put things in perspective, God has caused my basic salary to increase by 60% compared to what it was in October 2005!

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I give you all the praise and all the glory for filling my cup to overflowing, and for granting me great favour with my CFO and MD. Thank you for blessing my career. You are indeed an awesome God! Hallelujah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Malcolm,

Congratulations to you on your recent pay increment!

You are greatly blessed!
You are highly favored!
You are deeply loved by your Abba Father!
You are blessed to be a blessing!

Happy Father's Day to you!

Blessings,
Joo

Malcolm Loh said...

Thanks Joo.

Will pass you the Ps Prince DVD somehow, but not safe to do so in church because of the ban...

Daughter Of Sarah said...

Praise the LORD! I am so happy for you Malcolm!

Indeed you ain't seen nothing yet - God's supply of blessings for you is unimaginably huge and wonderful!

May things in your church get better.

- Geri aka hungribunni

Malcolm Loh said...

Thanks Geri.

I really feel for my church since I have been worshipping here for 40 years.

I have been broadcasting this in greater measure of late, because the more people know about it, the more they will be mobilised to pray... that our church will see a breakthrough similar to the one that Hillsong and Rhema have experienced.

Angie said...

Praise Jesus! I rejoice with you on God's goodness that's overflowing in your life, Brother! Thru the blood of the true Lamb!

I had wanted to leave this comment when i first saw the email notification but have been busy lately becos of the school holidays. And just 2 days ago while listening to one of Ps Prince's old sermon, he mentioned that when a brother or sister gets so blessed, the ppl from the 'law' camp get 'sour graped' (probably becos of the prosperity msg) while the 'grace' camp ppl rejoices becos they know they'll be next! ;)

Indeed, I believe I'm next in line! ;p

Happy Father's day too!

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Angie

Thanks for your well-wishes.

I have been so caught up and distracted by the exchanges regarding my latest blog entry, that I have not had time to appreciate how unfairly good God has been to me.

And He will be unfairly good to you, and everyone of His children too. He does not need to bless me at anyone elses expense, because unlike the economic principle of scarcity, God's economy is that of abundance.

You just need to believe that you are next and it shall be.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the article and for your testimonial.
Tammy