Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April 1st

Wednesday, 1st April 2009

I do not usually blog on weekdays, but shall make another exception today.

While others around the world celebrated April Fools' Day, I also celebrated my 1st anniversary in what I consider to be the best company in the world.

Early this morning, my darling wifey sent me the following email:

To: Malcolm Loh
Sent: Apr 1, 2009 8:51AM
Subject: Happy Anniversary :)

Happy 1 year anniversary & many more good years... at Walton !

My 3 bosses (the COO, CFO and MD) are great. My colleagues are wonderful. And the product that we sell is second-to-none.

This is the 7th company I have worked in and the most fantastic one thus far.

And my department folks were so sweet. They bought me a nice delicious chocolate fudge cake to commemorate this blessed day.

Speaking of April Fools' jokes, I recall an incident that took place on my first day at work last year which I thought was a prank that my new colleagues pulled on me as a means of welcoming me on board.

After being given a tour of the office in the first hour, and a briefing by the CFO in the second, I made my way to my then-room. As I attempted to sit on my chair, to my horror of horrors, it gave way! Thank goodness I did not injure myself, but I thought it was a trick that my colleagues were playing on me. Turns out that that chair was a pretty old one. My then-secretary told me she had sat on it to try it out a few days earlier without any problems. I suppose it could withstand her ?45kg weight but not my 75kg :-(

Well, this year, my department colleagues did indeed play a trick on me... by putting a candle on the cake that would not go off. But it was all taken in good fun. In fact, it warmed my heart that they could be so pally and comfortable with me.

Thank you dear LORD for blessing me so abundantly! All glory and praise I give unto you!

2 comments:

Angie said...

wow dat looks a cake from awwfully chocolate! ;) i like. :)

May God's inexhaustible favor blessed you beyond the doors of your office Mal and yes, you're truly super blessed at Walton ;) Praise Jesus!

oh yes, have u heard? You were voted to be our Senior Pastor of New Covenant Tao Suan Grace Fellowship because you're the highest paid among us and driving a Behold My Wagon? ;D haha.. had a good laugh when Jeff texted me. i believe Geri got the msg too. :)

Malcolm Loh said...

Thanks Angie

All that God has blessed me with is truly unmerited and undeserved. I give Him all glory, honour and praise.

Thank God for your pastor, because He has unveiled Jesus to all of us.

Blessings flow down from the head to the beard and then to the rest of the garments. So believe that your turn is next :-)