A Hot Date at Hot Tomato

Saturday, 4th April 2009

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a colleague of mine leaving the office around lunchtime with his backpack, so I assumed he was on half day leave.

When I saw him that same afternoon, I was curious as to why he had to bring his bag with him. He told me that his wife just started working nearby, and he makes it a point to meet his wife for lunch everyday. In the mornings at home, his wife would prepare their lunch and packs it into his backpack. At lunchtime, he will meet his wife and have their lunch in front of the Singapore River.

What sweet devotion :-)

And it brought to mind how I would also meet my darling wifey for lunch each Tuesday when I was in Infineon. My then-colleagues would not ask me to join them for lunch every Tuesday because they knew that was the day I had set apart to drive down to my wife's workplace to meet her for our weekly rendezvous.

But ever since joining Walton, I have not been doing so. Furthermore, the car is parked at her workplace so that makes it slightly more of a challenge.

But hey, it suddenly dawned upon me that while meeting her for lunch was a bit tough, I could always have breakfast with her!

In the mornings, we would fetch our daughter to school, after which I would get dropped off at Lavender MRT and then she takes over the wheel to drive to work. Sometimes, if we are super-early, I get dropped off at my office building, Republic Plaza.

Well, we were super-early yesterday, so I invited her to have a romantic breakfast at Hot Tomato, which is located at the basement of Republic Plaza.

Thank God for such blessed moments. May it be the first of many more romantic Friday morning breakfasts to come. Amen?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger