Sunday, May 24, 2009

CC14 and CC23

Sunday, 24th May 2009

In the mornings, after sending my daughter to school, I would drive to Lavendar MRT, and then let my wife take over the car to drive to work. I would then take the MRT to alight at Raffles Place.

In the evenings, If I can leave the office on time, I will then take a bus down and alight along Nicoll Highway (where my wife's office is) so that I can catch a ride home. Otherwise, my wife takes the BMW home, while I have to take the bmw (bus-MRT-walk) home.

When friends and colleagues ask me whereabouts I stay, I would tell them somewhere between Toa Payoh and Ang Mo Kio. The nearest operational MRT to my home would actually be Braddell station on the N-S line, but there are no buses plying from there to my home. Hence, if I happen to travel by train, I would alight at either the Toa Payoh station (from which I take a 20-minute bus ride, stop opposite New Tech Park and walk through a 5-minute shortcut around St Gabriel's Primary School) or at Bishan station (from which I take a 15-minute bus ride and stop along Braddell Road and walk for 10 minutes into the estate).

Well, on 28 May 2009, this is all going to change. The Circle (CC) Line will be officially launched beginning with 5 stations: Bartley, Serangoon, Lorong Chuan, Bishan and Marymount. And daily ridership is expected to be 55,000!

Finally, an MRT station that is within 5 minutes' walk from home, namely the Lorong Chuan Station. Thank you LORD! Which means I can dispense with the b, leaving just mw :-)

But that is not all. The Circle Line is being constructed in stages and I notice with great interest that there is one station that is going to be located at One-North in the not too distant future.

I am believing that it will be completed in time for NewCre's move there. Amen?

Oh ya, just in case you were wondering about today's blog entry title. CC14 and CC23 are the station names for Lorong Chuan and One-North respectively, and a reader actually made the observation that 1+ 4 = 5 and 2+3 = 5 too :-D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually Newcre's new building will be at Bouna Vista MRT, but that's on the Circle Line too! Amen!

Anonymous said...

Interestingly

14.. 1+4=523.. 2+3=5

Anonymous said...

Ya there'll be a new MRT station at One North next time, I believe that was one of the reasons stated by the building committee as to why they chose that spot to build One North last time.

Joshen said...

whoa... awesome!!

5Loaves2Fish said...

1+4=5 & 2+3=5..... Bro, U hv everything from Him already! PTL!