Dearest Theophili and Theophilae
I am overjoyed because at lunchtime today, I went to collect the brand-new set of wheels that Jehovah Jireh has blessed me with. It is a 8-seater Mitsubishi Grandis.
The one that I was previously driving was a Mitsubishi Lancer, and it was bought 11 months ago in Feb 2006. At that time, it was sufficient for my immediate family's needs.
Then at Easter 2006, my parents-in-law were led to the LORD by our cluster leaders, Sunny and Yeok Ming. We were also encouraged to bring them along whenever we had cell activities.
Suddenly, the Lancer was not big enough for our needs anymore. God was giving us an abundance of crop, but the barn was too small to contain it.
I struggled with whether to upgrade, and even went to check out the Grandis in Jun 2006. At that time, the price was hovering above S$90K and my salesman Mike told me that people prefer to buy a brand new car than one that was 4 months old.
Fast forward to 22 Dec 2006 when the LORD more than restored my bank balance by giving me the biggest bonus ever in my entire career. That was also the day that 3L2 held its 12-hour extravaganza, and Roland managed to fetch a total of 11 persons in his Honda Odyssey from SICC Island to his home! That was the LORD's way of confirming to me that it was time to get a bigger car, so that others could be blessed.
Truth be told: had I wanted to show off and walk in the flesh, I would have gotten a BMW. But in God's economy, the possessions He entrusts us with (be it cash, condo, car or club memberships) are meant to be used to bless others.
So why SGR 7557 L? The number I have chosen for this car is SGR 7557 L.
My favourite number is 7 (hence my email addresses are mloh77@starhub.net.sg and mloh77@yahoo.com.sg , and even my current and previous handphone numbers all ended with the number 7. This is because 7 represents perfection and rest. God created in 6 days, and rested on the 7th to indicate His work of creation was complete.
The number 5 signifies God's grace or unmerited favour. As I look back over the past 4 years, God has been so gracious in not only restoring my family, marriage and career, but also in blessing me with exceeding abundance.
I thus dedicate this car to be used for God's Kingdom work. Let it be a reminder for us to See God's Revelation of His Perfect Grace, Favour, Rest (7-5-5-7) and Love.
Hallelujah!
2 comments:
AWESOME! Love your blog, will definitely check back here more often :D
oh, which is the post that speaks of how your family and personal life was revived by the lord? (from the youtube video)
do drop me a msg at my blog. :)
Post a Comment