Monday, 17th March 2008
My daughter turns twelve today. Unlike previous years where we held a party for her, this year's celebrations was a simple one -- and it took place last Thursday during the school hols.
She hung out with 3 of her good friends at Jurong East Entertainment Centre. As usual, dad had to play "chauffeur". I brought the 4 of them to the Pizza Hut outlet for lunch, after which they went to Fuji Ice Palace to do some iceskating, and followed that by watching the movie Horton Hears a Who!
Incidentally, the movie features the 1980s hit song by REO Speedwagon entitled Can't Fight This Feeling. It was *THE* love song during that era, and I serenaded my wife with it at our wedding dinner.
You can watch the original version on YouTube...
...and Horton and his friends' umm "rendition" of it...
But I am digressing...
Somehow, the birthday presents I ordered for her via DisneyStore two weeks ago have still not yet arrived :-(
But I've got another present in store for her in the meantime. She is a big fan of actress Felicia Chin, and praise be to God, a colleague whose mom happens to know her uncle, did me a great favour and managed to get her to autograph an entire magazine! Thanks, Melvin, you're a Godsend! And thanks Felicia, for being so sweet and kind in taking the effort to write personal messages addressed to my daughter!
Happy birthday sweetheart! May the LORD continue to grant you favour with your teachers and classmates, and prosper you in all that you do! May you be like an olive plant, growing up mighty in the land!
No comments:
Post a Comment