Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Recent Facebook Additions

Tuesday, 18th March 2008

At last count, I have got 121 friends on Facebook.

Thought I'd blog about friend #120 and #121.

#120 is a lady by the name of Vernetta Lopez. She currently hosts the lunch hour program on Class 95.

I wonder how many of you still remember the rap, "Moses Lim is Tan Ah Teck. Koh Chieng Mun is Dolly. Andrew Lim is Paul, and Nicholas Tan is Ronnie. Vernetta Lopez is Denise, they're Singapore's funniest family..."

That rap introduced Singapore's very first English situation comedy, Under One Roof. My elder sis Angie was a research-writer for the show, and she got us exclusive tickets to watch the filming of the pilot episode.

Vernetta was one of the cast members, while my brother-in-law Andrew (who is married to Angie) was another. My sis even arranged to get all of them to autograph a special Under One Roof t-shirt for me.

#121 is a gentleman by the name of Cliff Richard. Yup, that's the guy who has had hundreds of hit records since the 1960s and topped the secular charts with such inspirational songs such as Saviour's Day and Millennium Prayer. I was pleasantly surprised that he accepted my friend request :-) Needless to say, I'm a big fan of his and have blogged about the impact that his Christian-themed songs have made on the secular world.

No comments: