Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Visit to My Alma Mater

Saturday, 29th March 2008

Every 2 years, ACJC will hold a fun fair to raise funds, which they affectionately term "Fun-O-Rama".

I remember attending the Fun-O-Rama that was held 6 years ago, in Feb 2002. At that funfair, I spoke to a couple of the students who was manning a games stall, telling them that I was a student there back in 1984/1985, to which one of them replied," Wow! So long ago? That was the year I was born" :-(

Well, it's now been 23 years since I left ACJC, but I still hold the place very dear to my heart. Through Facebook, I have also been re-connected to quite a number of my college mates. A church friend and ex-classmate is now Head of their Science Department and he will never fail to hunt me down to sell me tickets (which he did again this year).

And so my wife and I made our way to Dover Close East this morning to attend Fun-O-Rama XIX (that's 19th in Roman numerals). The standard of education there has increased steadily over the years (during my time, we were ranked 8th or 9th, but for the past years, it has been consistently in the top 5). We are look forwarding to our kids having their JC education there.

I was hoping to dunk some of my lecturers at the Dunking Machine, but I checked the time schedule and did not see any familiar names. Maybe next time then.

Anyway, I took some pictures at the funfair (including the one you see on the right of a dude dressed as a sausage!) and have uploaded them to Facebook for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19282&l=df6fa&id=751059341

No comments: